Eva Pander Maat
- +44 (0)20 7040 5060
Eva Pander Maat hold an LLM in Legal Research (cum laude) from Utrecht University. Her thesis focuses on the incorporation of the EU’s climate ambitions in EU trade policy and law. The European Green Deal sets unprecedented climate aims, most notably that of climate neutrality by 2050. The EU is intent to merge these aims with economic growth and the expansion of international trade. However, the incorporation of climate concerns and environmental protection in EU trade policy and law invokes political and legal challenges: climate concerns are often antithetical to trade interests and at tension with the rule-based multilateral trade order. Eva’s thesis will investigate how the EU faces these challenges whilst observing the coherence of EU external action and WTO law. Her PhD is funded by a Jean Monnet Scholarship.
Prior to arriving at City, Eva received a scholarship for a research stay on the Collegio dei Fiamminghi at the University of Bologna, completed traineeships at the Stiftung Wissenschaft und Politik in Berlin and the Dutch Embassy to Israel in Tel Aviv and worked as a legal assistant on matters of constitutional and administrative law at the Dutch State Attorney’s office.
Besides her research, Eva teaches on EU law courses at City Law School.
Eva’s thesis is supervised by Professor Panos Koutrakos and Professor Elaine Fahey.
- LLM Legal Research (cum laude), Utrecht University, Netherlands, Sep 2018 – Aug 2020
- LLB (honours), Utrecht Law College, Netherlands, Sep 2015 – Aug 2018
- Bachelor of Arts, University College Utrecht, Netherlands, Sep 2012 – Aug 2015
- Graduate Teaching Assistant, City, University of London, Sep 2020 – present
- Research Trainee, German Institute for International and Security Affairs, Aug – Oct 2019
- Legal Assistant, Pels Rijcken & Droogleever Fortuijn, Feb – Nov 2018
- Politics Trainee, Embassy of the Kingdom of The Netherlands to Israel, Aug 2017 – Jan 2018
Dutch; Flemish (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review), English (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review) and French (can read, write and speak).
- Pander Maat, E. and Bendiek, A. (2021). The EU’s Cybersecurity Policy - a regulatory approach to resilience. In Institute for National Security Studies, (Ed.), Cybersecurity and legal-regulatory aspects World Scientific Publishing.
- Pander Maat, E., Grootelaar, H.A.M. and Jansen, A.A.A. (2018). Hoe eerlijk ervaren consumenten de klachtbehandeling? Tijdschrift voor Klachtrecht, 2, pp. 15–15.
- Pander Maat, E. and Bendiek, A. (2019). The EU’s regulatory approach to cybersecurity. Berlin: Stiftung Wissenschaft und Politik.