- +44 (0)20 7040 5060
PhD Student in the mathematical physics group of the mathematics department at City, University of London. Research work is with Prof Yang-Hui He into applications of machine-learning and data science techniques on problems arising in string and gauge theories. Primary interests within this are the relevant areas of algebraic geometry arising in string theory, particularly the Calabi-Yau landscape of manifolds.
- MSci Physics with Theoretical Physics, Imperial College London, United Kingdom, Oct 2015 – Jun 2019
- Europe - Western
Title of thesis: Machine-Learning and Data Science in String and Gauge Theories
Oct 2019 – Mar 2023
Summary of research
Application of advanced numerical and machine-learning data science techniques to problems arising within the algebraic geometry sector of string theories, most notably relating to Calabi-Yau manifolds and their classification.
- He, Y-H. City, University London.
- Bao, J., Franco, S., He, Y.H., Hirst, E., Musiker, G. and Xiao, Y. (2020). Quiver mutations, Seiberg duality, and machine learning. Physical Review D, 102(8). doi:10.1103/PhysRevD.102.086013.
- He, Y.-.H., Hirst, E. and Peterken, T. (2020). Machine-learning dessins d'Enfants: Explorations via modular and seiberg-witten curves. Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical. doi:10.1088/1751-8121/abbc4f.
- Bao, J., He, Y.-.H., Hirst, E. and Pietromonaco, S. Lectures on the Calabi-Yau Landscape. Fields Institute Monographs.