Andrea Maria Pelliconi
- +44 (0)20 7040 5060
Andrea's research focuses on demographic engineering and its social and human rights impact under international law. She graduated in Law at Bocconi University and holds an advanced Master in Human Rights from Sapienza University. Before joining City, Andrea practised as lawyer and worked internationally for law firms and INGOs. She specialises in human rights, migration and asylum law, humanitarian law and international criminal law.
- Advanced Master in International Protection of Human Rights, Sapienza University, Italy, Jan – Dec 2018
- Combined Bachelor and Master of Law, Bocconi University, Italy, Sep 2011 – Apr 2017
- Diploma in International Humanitarian Law, Geneva University, Switzerland
- IBAHRI Legal Research Fellowship, International Bar Association's Human Rights Institute, Jan – May 2019
- ELSA - European Law Students Association and the Council of Europe (2018) Best essay in European migration law
- Geneva University Excellence Scholarship
Award of excellence for participation in the 2015 Summer School in International Humanitarian Law
English (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review), French, Italian (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review), Portuguese and Spanish; Castilian.
- Pelliconi, A. (2019). From Internal to Extra-Territorial Administrative Detention of Migrants. Federalismi.it - Focus Human Rights, 1(2019).
- Pelliconi, A.M. (2020). Covid-19: Italy is not a “place of safety” anymore. Is the decision to close Italian ports compliant with human rights obligations? EJIL:Talk!.
- Pelliconi, A.M. and Goldoni, M. (2020). La banalità dei porti chiusi per decreto. Osservazioni sui profili di legittimità del decreto interministeriale 150/2020. Diritto, Immigrazione e Cittadinanza, 2/2020, pp. 218–231.
- Pelliconi, A. (2018). Comment to the sentence of the European Court of Human Rights, Grand Chamber, G.I.E.M. S.R.L. and others v. Italy (Rec. NN. 1828/06, 34163/07 E 19029/11). Giustizia - Rivista della Scuola Forense V. E. Orlando.
- Pelliconi, A. (2018). La pornografia minorile nella sfera privata e il reato di pedopornografia virtuale. Considerazioni critiche alla luce di Cass. Pen., Sez. III, Sent. N. 22265/2017. Giustizia - Rivista della Scuola Forense V. E. Orlando.
- Galassini D'Elia, S.A., Pelliconi, A., Mele, C., De Gregorio, F.S., Gallotti, G., Passaniti, G. … Biondi, V. (2018). ELSA Italy. ELSA - European Law Students Aossociation.
- Pelliconi, A.M., Odermatt, J. and Wessel, R.A. (2020). The European Union’s External Action and International Law: A View From the Outside. London, UK: The City Law School.