Dr Taskin Iqbal
Dr Taskin Iqbal joined The City Law School in 2020.
Prior to this, she was a Lecturer in Law at the University of Lincoln where she taught Contract Law, Company Law, and Equity and Trusts to undergraduate students and International Corporate Governance and Corporate Social Responsibility to postgraduate students. She was also the LLM Programme Leader.
Her main research interests are in corporate law, corporate governance and corporate social responsibility. Her work is interdisciplinary, and she is particularly interested in the role of corporate governance in protecting stakeholder interests and promoting corporate social responsibility. She also takes an interest in assessing the impact of multinational corporations on developing countries and their influence and responsibility in global supply chains. Her writing has been published in the Journal of Business Law, Common Law World Review, Deakin Law Review and the Company Lawyer.
Previously, Taskin was a postgraduate researcher and module assistant at the School of Law, University of Leeds, where she obtained a Doctor of Philosophy in Law. The topic of her thesis is the Possible Impact of the Concept of Enlightened Shareholder Value on Corporate Social Responsibility and the Scope for Reform. She received a letter of recognition for research excellence where the examiners of the thesis made special mention of research excellence.
She completed her LLB from Queen Mary, University of London. After that, she completed the Bar Professional Training Course and LLM in Professional Legal Skills (Conversion) from City, University of London.
- PhD In Law, University of Leeds, United Kingdom, Feb 2015 – Jul 2018
- Bar Professional Training Course, City, University of London, United Kingdom, Sep 2012 – Jul 2013
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours), Queen Mary University of London, United Kingdom, Sep 2009 – Jul 2012
- LLM Professional Legal Skills (Conversion), City, University of London, United Kingdom
- Lecturer in Law, City, University of London, Mar 2020 – present
- Lecturer in Law, University of Lincoln, Apr 2018 – Feb 2020
- Fellow, Higher Education Academy, Jul 2019 – present
- Iqbal, T. and Keay, A. (2019). An evaluation of sustainability in large British companies. Common Law World Review, 48(1-2), pp. 39–63. doi:10.1177/1473779519839611.
- Iqbal, T. and Keay, A. (2019). The Impact of Enlightened Shareholder Value. The Journal of Business Law, (4), pp. 304–327.
- Keay, A. and Iqbal, T. (2018). Sustainability in Large UK Listed Retail Companies: A Sectoral Analysis. Deakin Law Review, 23, pp. 209–209. doi:10.21153/dlr2018vol23no0art811.
- Iqbal, T. (2018). The efficacy of the disclosure requirement under s.54 of the Modern Slavery
Act. Company Lawyer, 39(1), pp. 3–10.