Dr Sotiris Georganas
- Dr Sotiris Georganas
- +44 (0)20 7040 5060
My primary area of research up to now has been in auction experiments, models of bounded rationality and applied game theory.
In general I am interested in many, quite diverse areas of economics, ranging from experimental economics, game theory and bounded rationality to political economy, urban economics and trade.
- PhD, University of Bonn, Germany
My primary area of research until now has has been in auction experiments, models of bounded rationality and applied game theory.
- Georganas, S., Healy, P.J. and Weber, R.A. (2015). On the persistence of strategic sophistication. Journal of Economic Theory, 159, pp. 369–400. doi:10.1016/j.jet.2015.07.012.
- Georganas, S., Tonin, M. and Vlassopoulos, M. (2015). Peer pressure and productivity: The role of observing and being observed. Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 117, pp. 223–232. doi:10.1016/j.jebo.2015.06.014.
- Georganas, S., Healy, P.J. and Li, N. (2014). Frequency bias in consumers' perceptions of inflation: An experimental study. European Economic Review, 67, pp. 144–158. doi:10.1016/j.euroecorev.2014.01.014.
- Christiansen, N., Georganas, S. and Kagel, J.H. (2014). Coalition formation in a legislative voting game. American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, 6(1 D), pp. 182–204. doi:10.1257/mic.6.1.182.
- Georganas, S. (2011). English auctions with resale: An experimental study. Games and Economic Behavior, 73(1), pp. 147–166.
- Georganas, S. and Kagel, J. (2011). Asymmetric auctions with resale: An experimental study. Journal of Economic Theory, 146(1), pp. 359–371.
- Georganas, S. and Nagel, R. (2011). Auctions with toeholds:An experimental study of company takeover. International Journal of Industrial Organization, 29(1), pp. 34–45.
- Georganas, S., Levin, D. and McGee, P. Optimistic irrationality and overbidding in private value auctions. Experimental Economics . doi:10.1007/s10683-017-9510-y.