Dr Sergiu Ungureanu
- Dr Sergiu Ungureanu
- +44 (0)20 7040 4521
Sergiu is a Lecturer in Economics at City University London since September 2013. He received a BSc in Mathematics from Jacobs University Bremen, Germany, a PhD in Economics from Duke University, with a Certificate of College Teaching. As an undergraduate, he started with a focus on mathematics and physics, which helped him develop a theoretical aptitude for economics, as well as other useful skills such as programming. His area of concentration is microeconomic theory, with interests in behavioral economics, decision theory, and dynamic contracting and mechanism design.
- PhD Economics, Duke University, United States
- BSc Mathematics, Jacobs University, Bremen, Germany
- Lecturer, City, University of London, 2013 – present
- Decision theory
- Behavioral economics
- Mechanism design.
- Hening, A., Nguyen, D.H., Ungureanu, S.C. and Wong, T.K. (2018). Asymptotic harvesting of populations in random environments. Journal of Mathematical Biology. doi:10.1007/s00285-018-1275-1.
- Yaman, F., Cubi-Molla, P. and Ungureanu, S. (2017). Can Behavioural Economics Be Applied To Life Satisfaction?: Evidence From Annual Panel Data. .
- Ungureanu, S. (2017). Dynamic contracting under permanent and transitory private information. International Journal of Game Theory, 46(3), pp. 667–692. doi:10.1007/s00182-016-0552-8.
- Ungureanu, S. (2016). Judgements with errors lead to behavioral heuristics. City, University of London.
- Ungureanu, S. Inefficient Reallocation, Loss Aversion and Prospect Theory. London: City University London.
- Ungureanu, S. (2017). Dynamic Contracting under Permanent and Transitory Private Information. London: Department of Economics, City University London.
- Intermediate Macroeconomics
- Welfare Economics