Dr Rosalind Sharpe
- Dr Rosalind Sharpe
- +44 (0)20 7040 5497
I am interested in the sustainability (or otherwise) of food systems -- in particular the UK's industrial food system, and the social aspects of sustainability. I currently work for the Food Research Collaboration, based at the Centre for Food Policy, which aims to build constructive links between academics and campaign groups working towards more equitable, healthy and environmentally sustainable food systems. My remit covers the impacts of Brexit on Britain's food supply.
- PhD, Centre for Food Policy, City, Uiversity of London, United Kingdom, 2010 – 2017
- MA, Centre for Food Policy, Thames Valley University, United Kingdom, 2000 – 2003
- MA, Somerville College, Oxford University, United Kingdom, 1975 – 1978
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellow: Food and Brexit, City, University of London, Mar 2018 – present
- Research Fellow, University of Hertfordshire, Jun 2017 – Sep 2018
- Journalist and researcher, Various, 1978 – present
- Barling, D., Lang, T. and Sharpe, R. (2013). The re-emergence of national food security on the United Kingdom’s strategic policy Agenda: Sustainability challenges and the politics of food supply. Food Security, Nutrition and Sustainability (pp. 61–78). ISBN 978-1-84977-449-9.
- Barling, D., Sharpe, R. and Lang, T. (2009). Traceability and ethical concerns in the UK wheat-bread chain: From food safety to provenance to transparency. International Journal of Agricultural Sustainability, 7(4), pp. 261–278. doi:10.3763/ijas.2009.0331.