Dr Peter Smith
PhD Philosophy of Language, Leeds University, 1991
MSc Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence), Essex University, 1977
BSc Computing, Sheffield Metropolitan University, 1976
11/2011 - to date City University London, Senior Lecturer in Computer Science & Assistant Dean for Recruitment
02/2010 - 10/2011 City University London, Head of Department
Membership of professional bodies
11/2011 Computing a Schools
- Authorship Attribution
- Sentiment Analysis and Text Mining
- The Visualisation of Evolutionary Processes
- Evolutionary Computing
- Smith, P.W.H. (2000). Controlling code growth in genetic programming.
- Smith, P.W.H. and Aldridge, W. (2011). Improving Authorship Attribution: Optimizing Burrows' Delta Method. JOURNAL OF QUANTITATIVE LINGUISTICS, 18(1), pp. 63–88. doi:10.1080/09296174.2011.533591.
- Smith, P.W.H. (2010). Using genetic algorithms in word-vector optimisation. 2010 UK Workshop on Computational Intelligence, UKCI 2010. doi:10.1109/UKCI.2010.5625589.
- Smith, P.W.H. and Harries, K. (1998). Code Growth, Explicitly Defined Introns, and Alternative Selection Schemes. EVOLUTIONARY COMPUTATION, 6(4), pp. 339–360. doi:10.1162/evco.19188.8.131.529.
My Part I Maths with Computing Course taught to First year Undergraduate students, ably assisted by Charlie Watson was awarded the First Prize in The City University Moodle Launch Award for The School of Informatics.