- Peter Bentley
- +44 (0)20 7040 5732
Peter is a Senior Lecturer in Applied Biological, he joined City University in 1995. He teaches biology to Health students, with an interest in Genetics and Immunology. Prior to joining the University Peter worked at The St Bartholomew School of Nursing, which then incorporated into City University.
Peter qualified as an Adult Nurse in 1983 and worked in a variety of clinical settings, specialising in Critical Care, after working as a Charge Nurse and then after completing his Biology degree he went into Nurse education in 1992. Before working at City University he previously worked at Riverside College of Health Studies. Peter has run a wide range of modules and was Programme Director for the Adult Branch Diploma Nursing students for 4 years. As well as teaching biology Peter also supports students in clinical practice with regular visits to placements in Hackney and Edmonton.
- Master of Science Medical Genetics with Immunology 1999
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education (Nursing) 1994
- BSc (Hons) Biological Sciences 1992; Registered General Nurse 1983
Nursing and Midwifery Council, Adult Nurse
- Secretary to Hackney Community of Practice Committee
- Reviewer for British Journal of Cardiac Nursing, Nursing Times
- Link Lecturer for 3 wards at St Joseph's Hospice, Hackney
- Link Lecturer for 6 wards at Homerton Hospital, Hackney
- Link Lecturer for all Adult Placements at North Middlesex Hospital
- Link Lecturer George Marsh Centre, St Ann's Hospital, Haringay
- Cox, C.L., Whiteing, N. and Bentley, P. (2011). Patient Reported Outcome Measures in Ophthalmology. International Journal of Ophthalmic Practice, 1(2), pp. 28–34.
Modules taught on:
- Undergraduate BSc Adult Nursing NM2761, NM2770, NM3741
- Post graduate Diploma in Adult Nursing NMM 950, 954, HSM001, HSM132
- Undergraduate Diploma/BSc Children's Nursing NM2762, Undergraduate Diploma/BSc Mental Health Nursing NM2763
- Post Graduate Diploma in Mental Health Nursing NMM956
- Undergraduate BSc Midwifery NM 1731,NM2764 Post graduate Diploma in Midwifery NM3722, NM 3099 Developments in Infection Control, NM3298 Surgical Nursing, NM 3258 Cardiac Nursing
- Undergraduate BSc Radiography RC1022, RC3003, RC3004
Peter supervises undergraduate dissertations across a range of topics which have included Genetics, Infection control and other related topics.