- Nicholas Hatzis
- +44 (0)20 7040 5060
Nicholas Hatzis is a senior lecturer in law and director of the LLM in International Commercial Law. Previously, he was research fellow at Lady Margaret Hall, Oxford and référendaire in the Chambers of Advocate General Poiares Maduro at the Court of Justice of the European Union. His interests are in public law, torts, EU law, media law and civil procedure.
- Hatzis, N. (2013). The First Amendment. In Dingemans, J., Yeginsu, C., Cross, T. and Masood, H. (Eds.), The Protections for Religious Rights: Law and Practice Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Hatzis, N. (2010). Contributing editor for Civil Procedure. In Greenberg, D. (Ed.), Jowitt's Dictionary of English Law London: Sweet and Maxwell. ISBN 978-1-84703-626-1.
- Hatzis, N. (2009). The Legality of SME Development Policies under EC Procurement Law. In Arrowsmith, S. and Kunzlik, P. (Eds.), Social and Environmental Policies in EC Procurement Law (pp. 345–368). Cambridge Univ Pr. ISBN 978-0-521-88150-0.
- Hatzis, N. (2013). The Church-Clergy Relationship and Anti-discrimination Law. Ecclesiastical Law Journal, 15(2), pp. 144–157. doi:10.1017/S0956618X13000252.
- Hatzis, N. (2013). Detention of Irregular Migrants and the European Public Order. EUROPEAN LAW REVIEW, 38(2), pp. 259–276.
- Hatzis, N. (2011). Personal Religious Beliefs in the Workplace: How Not to Define Indirect Discrimination. Modern Law Review, 74(2), pp. 287–305.
- Hatzis, N. (2010). Consent Orders in Private Nuisance Claims: Between Efficiency and Fairness. Law Quarterly Review, 126, p. 538.
- Hatzis, N. (2009). Neutrality, Proselytism and Religious Minorities at the European Court of Human Rights and the US Supreme Court. Harvard International Law Journal Online, 49, pp. 120–131.
- Neuman, G.L. and Hatzis, N. (2008). Was Bush v Gore a human rights case? Constitutional Commentary, 25(2), pp. 215–227.
- Hatzis, N. (2007). Mitigation of Libel Damages in Offer of Amends Cases. Law Quarterly Review, 123, p. 39.
- Hatzis, N. (2006). Fairness and Proportionality in Defamation Proceedings. Nottingham Law Journal, 15, p. 13.
- Hatzis, N. (2006). Libel, Justification and Injunctive Relief under the Human Rights Act. Civil Justice Quarterly, 25, p. 27.
- Hatzis, N. (2005). Giving Privacy its Due: Private Activities of Public Figures in von Hannover v Germany. King's Law Journal, 16, p. 143.