Dr Maria Krotsiani
- Dr Maria Krotsiani
- +44 (0)20 7040 4042
Maria Krotsiani is a Lecturer in Cloud Computing at City, University of London and a member of the Centre of Adaptive Computing Systems (CeNACS). She holds a BSc degree in Digital Systems (University of Piraeus), an MSc degree in Business System Analysis and Design (City, University of London) and a PhD in Computer Science (City, University of London). Prior to her current position, she has also worked as Business System Analyst and Developer at Eurobank in Greece, and during her PhD studies as a Researcher at the Austrian Institute of Technology (AIT) in Vienna.
Her research interests focus on cyber security, cloud computing and Big-Data Analytics, validation techniques based on formal methods and probabilistic checks, as well as continuous runtime certification of cyber systems.
She has been involved in several research projects including the EU Horizon 2020 projects CYBERSURE (CYBER Security InSURancE, 2017-20) and TOREADOR (Trustworthy mOdel-awaRE Analytics Data platfORm, 2016-2018); and the EU F7 projects CUMULUS (Certification Infrastructure for Multi-Layer Cloud Services, 2012- 2015) and SECCRIT (SEcure Cloud computing for CRitical infrastructure IT, 2013-2016) .
- PhD in Computer Science, City, University of London, United Kingdom
- MSc in Business System Analysis and Design, City, University of London, United Kingdom
- BSc in Digital Systems, University of Piraeus, Greece
- Ardagna, C.A., Damiani, E., Krotsiani, M., Kloukinas, C. and Spanoudakis, G. (2018). Big data assurance evaluation: An sla-based approach.
- Krotsiani, M., Kloukinas, C. and Spanoudakis, G. (2017). Validation of Service Level Agreements Using Probabilistic Model Checking.
- Krotsiani, M., Kloukinas, C. and Spanoudakis, G. (2017). Cloud certification process validation using formal methods.
- Hudic, A., Tauber, M., Lorunser, T., Krotsiani, M., Spanoudakis, G., Mauthe, A. … Weippl, E.R. (2015). A multi-layer and multitenant cloud assurance evaluation methodology.
- Krotsiani, M. and Spanoudakis, G. (2015). Continuous certification of non-repudiation in cloud storage services. Proceedings - 2014 IEEE 13th International Conference on Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications, TrustCom 2014 pp. 921–928. doi:10.1109/TrustCom.2014.122.
- Krotsiani, M., Spanoudakis, G. and Kloukinas, C. (2015). Monitoring-based certification of cloud service security. Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics), 9415, pp. 644–659. doi:10.1007/978-3-319-26148-5_44.
- Krotsiani, M., Spanoudakis, G. and Mahbub, K. (2013). Incremental certification of cloud services. SECURWARE 2013 - 7th International Conference on Emerging Security Information, Systems and Technologies pp. 72–80.