Lynda is a Lecturer in Applied Biological, Diagnostic and Therapeutic Sciences, specialising in pharmacology and medicines management. She has worked at St Bartholomew’s School of Nursing and Midwifery and then City University London since 1994.
Lynda qualified as a Nurse and her clinical interests were in Intensive and Coronary Care Nursing. Since working as a Lecturer, her main area of work was teaching on Pre-registration Nursing Programmes. However latterly, she has focussed her teaching on the topics of pharmacology, medicines management and non-medical prescribing.
- Filer, L.R. (2007). Cardiovascular drugs. In Johnson, K. and Rawlings-Anderson, K. (Eds.), Oxford Handbook of Cardiac Nursing Oxford University Press, USA. ISBN 978-0-19-857072-1.
- Filer, L.R. and Hatchett, R. (2007). The applied anatomy and physiology of the cardiovasular system. In Hatchett, R. and Thompson, D. (Eds.), Cardiac Nursing. A comprehensive guide Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone.
- Filer, L.R. and Jones, A. (2007). The pharmacological management of the cardiac patient. In Hatchett, R. and Thompson, D. (Eds.), Cardiac Nursing. A comprehensive guide Edinburgh: Churchill Livingstone.
- (2009). Medicines management: An integrated approach? Journal of Marketing and Management in Healthcare, pp. 102–111
- NMM024 Medicines management
- NM3301 Biological Foundations in Clinical Practice and related Pharmacology
- V100 Nurse Prescribing - part of the Specialist Community Practice Qualification