Katherine Reece Thomas
- Katherine Reece Thomas
- +44 (0)20 7040 8312
After completing her LLM and qualifying as a solicitor, Katherine Reece Thomas worked in private practice in the City of London and in Paris, and taught in the University of Cambridge. She has also practised in New York and is a member of the New York State Bar.
At City University London she teaches public international law, contract and company law. Her research interests include public international law and company law and she is co-author of The Law and Practice of Shareholders' Agreements with Christopher Ryan.
She is the Course Director of the LLM in Public International Law and an expert on the law of state immunity. She also publishes on the relationship between international law and domestic law.
Katherine is also Adjunct Associate Professor at the University of Notre Dame.
- Thomas, K.R. and Ryan, C.L. (2014). The law and practice of shareholders' agreements. ISBN 978-1-4057-9049-9.
- Reece Thomas, K. (2004). General Average. In Dockray, M. (Ed.), Cases & materials on the carriage of goods by sea Routledge Cavendish. ISBN 978-1-85941-796-6.
- Reece Thomas, K. (2016). State Immunity (Insight). Westlaw UK, Thomson Reuters.
- Reece Thomas, K. (2014). State Immunity (Insight). Westlaw UK, Thomson Reuters.
- Reece Thomas, K. (2016). The UK Supreme Court's latest look at State Immunity. Journal of International and Comparative Law, 3(1), pp. 149–161.
- Reece Thomas, K. (2015). Enforcing against state assets:the case for restricting private creditor enforcement and how judges in England have used "context" when applying the "commercial purposes" test. Journal of International and Comparative Law, 2(1), pp. 1–26.
- Reece Thomas, K. (2012). The wrong end of the telescope? New York court upholds nationalised bank's claim to state immunity. Journal of International Banking and Financial Law, 2012 vol 7(7), pp. 414–417.
- Reece Thomas, K. (2006). The New Extradition Regime- How Unjust Is It? Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law, 2006.
- Reece Thomas, K. (2006). State Immunity and Sovereign Debt Developments. Butterworths Journal of International Banking and Financial Law, Nov 2006, pp. 432–434.
- Reece Thomas, K. (2006). The Changing Status of International Law in English Domestic Law. Netherlands International Law Review, LIII, pp. 371–398.
- Reece Thomas, K. and Small, J. (2003). Human Rights and State Immunity: Is there civil liability for torture? Netherlands International Law Review, L(1), pp. 1–30.
- Reece Thomas, K. and Ryan, C. (2001). S 459, public policy and freedom of contract. The Company Lawyer.
- Reece Thomas, K. (2000). Non-recognition, capacity and personality; the PLO and the Palestinian Authority in English Law. Anglo-American Lawyer.
- Reece Thomas, K. and Dockray, M. (1998). Anton Piller Orders: the new statutory scheme. Civil Justice Quarterly, 17.
- Reece Thomas, K. (1997). The Section 14 Contract: Limitation Issues. Civil Justice Quarterly, 16.
- Reece Thomas, K. Limitation of Actions. London, UK: The Law Commission.