I joined City in 2018 as a visiting lecturer teaching the module 'Child and Adolescent Literature, Literacy, and Library Services'. I am a qualified teacher and librarian, and have worked in both academic and school libraries. I am in the final stages of a PhD in Education and Children's Literature at the University of Cambridge.
- BA, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom
- MA, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom
- PGCE, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
- MEd, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom
- MA, Aberystwyth University, United Kingdom
- Aggleton, J. (2018). Where are the children in children’s collections? An exploration of ethical principles and practical concerns surrounding children’s participation in collection development. New Review of Children's Literature and Librarianship, 24(1), pp. 1–17. doi:10.1080/13614541.2018.1429122.
- (2018). Defining digital comics: a British Library perspective. Journal of Graphic Novels and Comics. doi:10.1080/21504857.2018.1503189.
- (2017). “What is the Use of a Book Without Pictures?” An Exploration of the Impact of Illustrations on Reading Experience in A Monster Calls. Children's Literature in Education, 48(3), pp. 230–244. doi:10.1007/s10583-016-9279-1.