Dr Hesamaldin Jadidbonab
- Dr Hesamaldin Jadidbonab
- +44 (0)20 7040 5901
Dr. Jadidbonab received his bachelor’s in mechanical engineering from a joint program between Sharif University of Technology and Aachen University of Applied Science in 2008. Later on in 2011, he graduated from Aachen University with a master in automotive power train and chassis engineering with a first class degree. He commenced his doctoral studies in 2012 working as a research fellow at the sector of Fluid Mechanics, Thermo-Fluids Research Centre, at the Department of Mechanical Engineering of the City, University of London (CUL, UK). His studies were funded by a scholarship awarded by CUL, while his experimental activities received private funding through an industrial partner. After the completion of his Doctoral Studies in January of 2018, the Researcher joined City, University of London.
In the course of his research activities, he has developed considerable competence in the design of flow devices through the use of experimental procedures. In particular, during his PhD and post-doctoral research, he is highly experienced in the design and development of test rigs suitable for the thermo-hydraulic evaluation of various flow devices and the visualization/quantification of complex single or two-phase flows. additionally, During his master study, he developed knowledge on modification of after-treatment systems, focusing on emission and performance of high performance diesel engines driven by bio-diesel.
- PhD, City, University of London, United Kingdom, Oct 2012 – Apr 2018
- Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, City university of London, May 2018 – present
- Jadidbonab, H., Karathanassis, I. and Gavaises, E. (2018). Diesel fuel droplet impingement on heated surfaces. Proc. 27th Proceedings of the DIPSI workshop, Droplet Impact Phenomena & Spray Investigations 18-20 May, Bergamo, Italy.
- Jadidbonab, H., Karathanassis, I., Mitroglou, N. and Gavaises, E. (2016). Diesel Fuel Drop Impingement on a Heated Surface at Elevated Pressure.
- Karathanassis, I.K., Pashkovski, E., Heidari-Koochi, M., Jadidbonab, H., Smith, T., Gavaises, M. … Bruecker, C. (2020). Non-Newtonian flow of highly-viscous oils in hydraulic components. Journal of Non-Newtonian Fluid Mechanics, 275. doi:10.1016/j.jnnfm.2019.104221.
- Jadidbonab, H., Malgarinos, I., Karathanassis, I., Mitroglou, N. and Gavaises, M. (2018). We-T classification of diesel fuel droplet impact regimes. Proceedings of the Royal Society A: Mathematical, Physical and Engineering Sciences, 474(2215). doi:10.1098/rspa.2017.0759.
- Jagadeesh, C., Gowree, E.R., Jadidbonab, H. and Atkin, C.J. (2018). On the temporal analysis of acoustic waves using schlieren imaging. Measurement: Journal of the International Measurement Confederation, 116, pp. 507–513. doi:10.1016/j.measurement.2017.11.018.
- Jadidbonab, H., Mitroglou, N., Karathanassis, I. and Gavaises, M. (2018). Experimental Study of Diesel-Fuel Droplet Impact on a Similarly Sized Polished Spherical Heated Solid Particle. Langmuir, 34(1), pp. 36–49. doi:10.1021/acs.langmuir.7b01658.