- Donald Stirling
- +44 (0)20 7040 8160
Donald Stirling gained his BSc with First Class Honours in Topographic Science from the University of Glasgow in 1978. He joined the Department of Civil Engineering at City in 1979. He is the Module Leader for the various Surveying/Geomatics modules within the Civil Engineering undergraduate degree programmes.
He is also Programme Director for the BSc (Honours) degree programmes in Air Transport Operations and Management and Air Transport Operations with ATPL. He holds a Private Pilot's Licence and is responsible for building and operating the School’s Airbus A320 flightdeck simulator and running the Flight Test Gliding Course for Part 2 Aeronautical Engineering students.
Mr Stirling is currently not active in research.
- Stirling, D. and Brighty, S.G. (1989). Setting Out - A Guide for Site Engineers. Oxford: BSP Professional Books. ISBN 0-632-02039-3.
- Stirling, D. (2001). Photogrammetry - Theory and Technology. In Armer, G.S.T. (Ed.), Monitoring and Assessment of Structures (pp. 32–61). Spon Press. ISBN 0-419-23770-4.
- Stirling, D. (2001). Photogrammetry - Practice and Applications. Monitoring and Assessment of Structures (pp. 62–79). Spon Press. ISBN 0-419-23770-4.
- Stirling, D. (1990). Close-Range Photogrammetry. In Petrie, G. and Kennie, T.J.M. (Eds.), Modern Engineering Surveying (pp. 289–324). Blackie A & P. ISBN 0-7514-0193-5.
- Stirling, D., Benwell, G.L. and Murnane, A.B. Management and display of dam surveillance data. Urban Water Research Association of Australia Research Report No. 21 ISBN 1-875298-21-5.
- Milonidis, E., Miah, S., Kaparias, I., Stirling, D. and Karcanias, N. (2017). Cyclist 360° Alert: Validation of an Instrumented Bicycle Trajectory Reconstruction Mechanism Using Satellite and Inertial Navigation Systems. UTSG 49th Annual Conference Dublin.
- Miah, S., Kaparias, I., Stirling, D. and Liatsis, P. (2016). Development and testing of a prototype instrumented bicycle for the prevention of cyclist accidents. 95th Annual Meeting of the Transportation Research Board Washington, DC, USA.
- Stirling, D., Chandler, J.H., Cooper, M.A.R. and Littleworth, R.M. (1994). Three-dimensional as-built computer models by analytical photogrammetry - three applications. XX FIG Congress 5-12 March, Melbourne.
- Stirling, D., Bridger, A.M. and Shortis, M.R. (1994). Photogrammetric modelling of a commuter airliner flightdeck for reverse engineering purposes. International Society of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing Commission V Symposium on Close Range Techniques and Machine Vision 1-4 March, Melbourne.
- Stirling, D. and Benwell, G.L. (1992). Development of a three dimensional computer system for dam surveillance data management. Water Resources and Reservoir Management Conference of the British Dam Society June, University of Stirling.
- Stirling, D. and Chandler, J.H. (1992). Estimation of heights of robbers using photographic and video security imagery. International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing Congress Washington, D C.
- Stirling, D., Chandler, J.H. and Littleworth, R.M. (1992). Three dimensional mapping and as built computer modelling by analytical photogrammetry. International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing Congress Washington, D.C..
- Stirling, D., Chandler, J.H. and Clark, J.S. (1992). Monitoring one of Europe's largest retaining walls using oblique aerial photography. . International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing Congress Washington D.C..
- Stirling, D., Hopkins, J.K. and Wickham, D.B. (1990). The use of close range photogrammetry for reservoir embankment monitoring. The Embankment Dam Conference of the British Dam Society September, University of Nottingham.
- Stirling, D. and Benewll, G.L. (1989). Surveillance data management review of practice in Australasia. Dam Safety Seminar, Australian National Committee on Large Dams Conference November, Ballarat.
- Stirling, D. (1989). The status of the computerisation of dam monitoring data in Australia. Surveillance and Monitoring Surveys '89 Symposium November, Melbourne.
- Stirling, D., Atkinson, K.B., Dowman, I.J., Farrow, J.E., Newby, P.R.T., Newton, I. … Smith, M.J. (1993). XVIIth International Congress of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing. Photogrammetric Record, 14(81), pp. 477–503.
- Stirling, D. (1989). Surveillance data management - review of practice in Australasia. Australian National Committee on Large Dams (ANCOLD), Bulletin No 84(December 1989), pp. 97–113.
- Chandler, J.H., Clark, J.S., Cooper, M.A.R. and Stirling, D.M. (1987). ANALYTICAL PHOTOGRAMMETRY APPLIED TO NEPALESE SLOPE MORPHOLOGY. The Photogrammetric Record, 12(70), pp. 443–458. doi:10.1111/j.1477-9730.1987.tb00594.x.
- Stirling, D. and Benwell, G.L. (1990). Preliminary report on the development of a computerised dam surveillance data management system. Melbourne.