Dr Deborah Rafalin
- Dr Deborah Rafalin
- +44 (0)20 7040 4592
Dr Deborah Rafalin is a Registered Psychologist and Chartered Counselling Psychologist who completed her Doctorate in Counselling Psychology at the University of Surrey in 1998. She is an experienced psychological therapist who has worked with clients from diverse backgrounds with a broad range of difficulties.
Dr Rafalin has worked extensively within the NHS, in the voluntary sector and in an established central London private practice. She works with Adults and Adolescents, individually and in groups, and is experienced in working in a range of psychological therapy approaches
At City, University of London she is:
- Senior Lecturer for Professional Doctorate in Counselling Psychology
- Personal Tutor Professional Doctorate in Counselling Psychology
- Research Supervisor Professional Doctorate
- Chair of Academic Misconduct Panels for the School of Arts and Social Sciences
In addition to the above roles at City, University of London, Dr Rafalin is also:
- Director of Insight Counselling Psychology Practice: A private practice offering individual therapy for psychological difficulty and personal development to adults and adolescents.
- Clinical Supervisor for trainee and qualified counsellors, psychotherapists and chartered psychologists.
- Member of Fitness to Practice and Competency Panels for Health Professions Council
- Consultant to the voluntary sector and the NHS
Dr Rafalin holds the following professional registrations and memberships:
- Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society (BPS) (No.: 074232)
- Registered Psychologist, Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) (PYL 19780)
- Registered Applied Psychology Practice Supervisor, BPS
- Registered Psychometric Test User (BPS): Occupational Ability
- Registered Psychometric Test User (BPS): Occupational Personality (Orpheus)
- Member of the Coaching Psychology Division, BPS
- Member of the Lesbian and Gay Psychology Section, BPS
- Member of the Psychology of Women Section, BPS
DPsych Counselling Psychology and BSc (Hons) Psychology.
- Qualitative research methodologies, methodological pluralism
- The challenges of managing multiple identities and identity threat
- Identity management issues including those pertaining to gender identity, disability and sexual identity
- Rafalin, D. (2010). Counselling Psychology and Research: Revisiting the Relationship in the Light of our 'Mission'. Therapy and Beyond: Counselling Psychology Contributions to Therapeutic and Social Issues (pp. 41–55). ISBN 978-0-470-71548-2.
- Challenor, J., Edginton, T., Rafalin, D. and Willig, C. (2018). Call for support in university pensions dispute. Psychologist, 31(4), pp. 2–2.
- Coyle, A. and Rafalin, D. (2001). Jewish gay men’s accounts of negotiating cultural, religious, and sexual identity: A qualitative study. Journal of Psychology and Human Sexuality, 12(4), pp. 21–48. doi:10.1300/J056v12n04_02.