Dr Dayna Barnes
- Dr Dayna Barnes
- +44 (0)20 7040 4206
Dr barnes is a historian of American foreign policy and East Asia in the 19th and 20th centuries.
- PhD International History, London School of Economics, UK, 2013
- Visiting Scholar, Stanford University, Sep 2016 – Jun 2018
- Pinto Post-doctoral Fellow, The London School of Economics and Political Science, Aug 2015 – Aug 2016
- Kiriyama Fellow, University of San Francisco, Sep 2014 – Aug 2015
Japanese (can read, speak and understand spoken) and Spanish - Latin American (can read).
- Americas - North
- Asia - East
- Barnes, D.L. (2017). Architects of Occupation American Experts and the Planning for Postwar Japan. ISBN 978-1-5017-0308-9.
- Barnes, D. (2015). Think Tanks and a New Order in East Asia. The Journal of American-East Asian Relations, 22(2), pp. 89–119. doi:10.1163/18765610-02202002.
- Barnes, D. (2014). Plans and Expectations: The American News Media and Postwar Japan. Japanese Studies, 34(3), pp. 325–342. doi:10.1080/10371397.2014.953920.