An entertainment journalist by trade, Ben Falk has written and recorded for hundreds of outlets across all platforms specialising in films, TV and celebrity.
Beginning as a freelancer at Empire while still a student on the postgraduate magazine course at City, his career has encompassed a stint as Hollywood correspondent for Press Association (now PA Media) based in Los Angeles, studio producing morning chat shows on Sky Living, being assistant news editor at Look magazine and freelancing for digital outlets including Yahoo Movies UK and BAFTA.
He’s also an author and ghost writer, whose books include The Fall and Rise of the Comeback Kid and The Wonder of Brian Cox, about Robert Downey Jr and the UK’s favourite science broadcaster respectively.
Last year, he published a textbook with Routledge called Entertainment Journalism: Making it Your Career.
He began his teaching career at the University of Hertfordshire in 2008 and has since worked as a Senior Lecturer at London Met and undergraduate course leader at Coventry University.
He has a PG Cert in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education and a PhD in Creative Writing.
Ben is passionate about magazines and long-form journalism about the entertainment business and is a BAFTA film voter.
- PhD, University of Huddersfield, United Kingdom
- MA, London Metropolitan University, United Kingdom
- BA Hons, University of Nottingham, United Kingdom
- PGDip Periodical Journalism, City, University London, London, United Kingdom
- PGCert Learning & Teaching in Higher Education, London Metropolitan University, London, United Kingdom
- Falk, B. (2018). Entertainment Journalism Making It Your Career. Routledge. ISBN 978-1-138-64937-8.
- Falk, B. (2014). Robert Downey Jr. The Fall and Rise of the Comeback Kid. Pavilion Books. ISBN 978-1-910232-12-5.
- Falk, Q. (2014). Television's Strangest Moments Extraordinary But True Tales from the History of TV. Pavilion Books. ISBN 978-1-84994-183-9.
- Falk, B. (2012). The Wonder of Brian Cox The Unauthorised Biography of the Man Who Brought Science to the Nation. John Blake. ISBN 978-1-84358-953-2.
- Falk, B. (2012). From The Horse’s Mouth: oral assessment in Journalism education. Investigations in university teaching and learning, 8, pp. 87–94.