Dr Ali Raheem
Dr Ali Raheem is a computer network and security researcher and practitioner with industrial, academic, technical and research experience. An active contributor to the academic as well as the broader international community working on making the Internet a safer place. Also, highly analytical, passionate coder, results-driven and versatile professional with broad-based and progressive experience in cyber-security, information systems, computing research, developing, implementing and testing software to meet specific project requirements. Adept in ensuring what should be done is done effectively and efficiently within the constraints of budget and time. He possesses the leadership skills along with the necessary tenacity needed to get the most demanding of jobs done. Vast in a variety of fields, and keen to be involved in helping to define the future of software applications, cyber-security, impacting knowledge and solutions.
• Security of Computer Network and Information Systems.
• Security Protocols: Design and Verification.
• Future Internet: Internet of Things (IoT), Software Defined Networks (SDN) and Information Networks (ICNs).
• Virtualisation and Cloud Computing and Big data.
• Pervasive Communication and Heterogeneous Networks.
• Computer Networks and Telecommunication.
• Advanced Wireless Networking.
- PhD in Computer Network and Security, Middlesex University, United Kingdom, 2017
- MPhil in Computer Network and Security, Middlesex University, United Kingdom, 2015
- MSc in Telecommunication Engineering, Middlesex University, United Kingdom, 2011
- BSc in Computer Communication Engineering, Dohfar University, Oman, 2009
- HDip in Diploma in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Dhofar University, Oman, 2008
- Post-doctoral Research Fellow, City, University London, Apr 2018 – present
- Tutor and Researcher, Middlesex University, Mar 2012 – Dec 2017
- Network Security Analyst, Omantel Telecommunication Services, Sep 2006 – Apr 2010
- Information Security Analyst, Nawras Telecommunication Services, Jan 2005 – Aug 2006
Arabic (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review), English (can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review) and Swedish (can understand spoken).
- Middle East
- Raheem, R., Aboubaker, L. and Raheem, A. (2017). Interference Management and System Optimisation for Femtocells Technology in LTE and Future 4G/5G Networks. A dances in Networks Security and Communications Reviews (pp. 23–23).
- Raheem, A. (2014). An Investigation into Authentication Security of GSM algorithm for Mobile Banking.
- Raheem, A. (2012). Development and Implementation of Secure GSM algorithm for Mobile Banking.
- Raheem, A., Lasabae, A., Aiash, M. and Loo, J. (2014). A Secure Authentication Protocol for IP-Based Wireless Sensor Communications using the Location/ID Split Protocol (LISP). 13th International Conference on Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications 24-26 September, Beijing, China.
- Raheem, A., Lasabae, A., Aiash, M. and Loo, J. (2013). Supporting Communication in the IoT using the Location/ID Split Protocol: A security Analysis. Second International Conference on Future Generation Communication Technologies (FGCT 2013) 12-14 September, London.
- Raheem, A. (2012). Performance study of WiMAX Network Security.
- Raheem, A. (2012). Security Issues in Mobile Ad-Hoc Network & Solution.
- Raheem, A. Smart World of Internet of Things (IoT) and Its Security Concerns. Frankfurt University, 2018.
- Raheem, A. Security Risk Assessment in Internet of Things Systems. Umea University, Sweden, 2018.
- Raheem, A. and Raheem, R. Security Analysis to Machine-to-machine (M2M) using Model threads system. , 2018.
- Raheem, A. An Integrated Security Protocol Communication Scheme for Internet of Things using the Locator/ID Separation Protocol Network. , 2017.
- Raheem, A. A security Protocol for Mobility Scheme in Internet of Things using ID/Locator Spilt Network. Middlesex university London, 2016.
- Raheem, A. A Secure Framework for IP-Based Wireless Sensor Network Communication using Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP). Middlesex University London, 2015.
- Raheem, A. Security Analysis to Internet of Thing using X.805 framework. Middlesex University London, 2014.
- Raheem, A. Provide Security to Internet of Things based on ID/Locator spilt architecture’. , 2013.