Dr Alex (Aram) Ter-Sarkisov
- Dr Alex (Aram) Ter-Sarkisov
- +44 (0)20 7040 8346
I am a member CitAI research group at City University.
My recent work is mostly on Deep Learning in Computer Vision (instance segmentation), but I'm also interested in Genetic Algorithms, both theory (mathematical analysis of runtime) and applications (new genetic operators). I like teaching machine learning, both at undergrad and advanced (ConvNets, FCNs, object detection/segmentation) levels.
- PhD, Massey University, New Zealand, 2012
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Dublin Institute of Technology, 2015 – 2018
- Postdoctoral Researcher, Universite du Maine, 2014 – 2015
- Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Waterloo, 2012 – 2013
- Ter-Sarkisov, A. (2020). Network of Steel: Neural Font Style Transfer from Heavy Metal to Corporate Logos. ICPRAM 18 Feb 2020 – 21 Mar 2020, Malta.
- Ter-Sarkisov, A., Kelleher, J., Earley, B., Keane, M. and Ross, R. (2019). Beef cattle instance segmentation using fully convolutional neural network.
- Ter-Sarkisov, A., Kelleher, J.D., Earley, B., Keane, M. and Ross, R.J. (2018). Beef Cattle Instance Segmentation Using Fully Convolutional Neural Network. British Machine Vision Conference 2018 3-7 September, Newcastle upon Tyne, UK.
- Ter-Sarkisov, A., Ross, R. and Kelleher, J. (2017). Bootstrapping Labelled Dataset Construction for Cow Tracking and Behavior Analysis. 2017 14th Conference on Computer and Robot Vision (CRV) 16-19 May, Edmonton, Canada.
- Ter-Sarkisov, A., Schwenk, H., Bougares, F. and Barrault, L. (2015). Incremental Adaptation Strategies for Neural Network Language Models. 3rd Workshop on Continuous Vector Space Models and their Compositionality 26-31 July, Beijing, China.
- Ter-Sarkisov, A., Marsland, S. and Holland, B. (2010). The K-bit-swap: A new genetic algorithm operator. 12th Annual conference on Genetic and Evolutionary Computation 7-11 July, Portland, Oregon.
- Ter-Sarkisov, A. and Marsland, S. (2017). K-Bit-Swap: a new operator for real-coded evolutionary algorithms. Soft Computing, 21(20), pp. 6133–6142. doi:10.1007/s00500-016-2170-6.
- Ter-Sarkisov, A. (2012). Elitism levels traverse mechanism for the derivation of upper bounds on unimodal functions. 2012 IEEE Congress on Evolutionary Computation 10-15 June, Brisbane, Australia.
- Ter-Sarkisov, A. and Marsland, S. (2011). Convergence of a recombination-based elitist evolutionary algorithm on the royal roads test function. 24th Australasian Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, AI 2011 5-8 December, Perth, Australia.
- Ter-Sarkisov, A. and Marsland, S. (2011). Convergence properties of two (μ+λ) Evolutionary Algorithms on onemax and royal roads test functions. 3rd International Joint Conference on Computational Intelligence 24-26 October, Paris, France.
- Ter-Sarkisov, A. and Marsland, S. (2011). Convergence properties of (μ + λ) evolutionary algorithms. Twenty-Fifth AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence 7-11 August, San Francisco.