Digital training and the digital skills gap
City Short Courses, part of City, University of London, worked with London digital agency MintTwist to create a study analysing the digital skills gap.
The study surveyed over 100 professionals who studied a digital marketing related short course with a goal to understanding:
- Why they are seeking additional digital marketing training
- Issues they are currently facing
- What they hope to attain from studying a digital marketing short course at City, University of London.
We surveyed City Short Course students from 2007 – 2015. The group consisted of marketing professionals within SEO, content, social, advertising, web design and development.
“The biggest challenge in my industry is hitting the right digital marketing channels and maintaining our individuality against our competitors”
Edward Carter, SEO Manager, industry: Engineering and Manufacturing
The survey identified three key elements professionals listed as instrumental in them completing a digital marketing short course.
- Digital’s constant state of change and evolution
- The online competition
- Training required to upskill internal resource on digital
Biggest issues for your company:
- 15% - competitors
- 19% - digital change
- 26% - training, skills and internal resources
Biggest issues for your industry:
- 16% - competitors
- 16% - digital change
- 6% - training, skills and internal resources