City University London: Year in Review 2015
Take a look back at the top news stories of this year
1. Our world leading research
2. City alumnus returns to campus to propose
3. Champion cyclist Dani King opens CitySport
4. City University London to join the University of London
City University London is to join the University of London (UOL) following the UOL Board of Trustees agreeing to the positive recommendation made by its Collegiate Council. City intends to join the University of London in August 2016.
5. What’s next for the Class of 2015?
More than 8,000 students graduated from City University London during graduation ceremonies held in January and July. Following their graduation, some of the University’s new alumni shared their experiences of what it’s like to study at City and their ambitions for the future.
6. City University London achieves its highest ever National Student Survey score
Results from the 2015 National Student Survey (NSS), published in August, show that City is now the top university in London for student satisfaction. Over the last three years, it has also had the largest increase in student satisfaction of any UK university.
7. Making the most of your time at City.
8. City moves up The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2016 rankings
9. Professor Marianne Lewis appointed Dean of Cass Business School
Professor Marianne W Lewis took up her position as the new Dean of Cass Business School in November. Professor Lewis, previously Professor of Management and Associate Dean at the Carl H. Lindner College of Business at the University of Cincinnati, has over 20 years’ experience in international
10. Student interviews Prince William for The Big Issue
Final year BA Journalism student Sophia Kichou interviewed Prince William for national magazine, The Big Issue at Kensington Palace. The Duke of Cambridge kept a promise that he made to the Sophia four years ago, when they met at a hostel run by the charity Centrepoint, of which the Duke is a patron.