- Date: Friday 12th May 2023
- Time: 12:30 - 14:00
- Location: City, University of London
- Topic: "Nationalism, Internationalism and the Liberal World Order"
During the Liberal Internationalism Conference (11th-13th May), there will be a lunchtime seminar addressed to PhD students and early career researchers working across the humanities and social sciences.
The seminar will offer an informed and structured discussion on the themes of nationalism, internationalism, and the liberal international order with the aim of comparing and shaping new research agendas.
Each of the discussants will share a short piece of theirs in advance of the seminar and based on this reading list, and the interests of the participants, we will circulate some questions to frame the discussion. The seminar’s participants will be invited to discuss how their research connects with the wider topics identified in the readings.
The duration of the seminar will be 90 minutes. Light lunch and refreshments will be provided.
The discussants are:
- Georgios Giannakopoulos (City, University of London)
- Erez Manela (Harvard University)
- Benjamin Miller (University of Haifa)
- Jeanne Morefield (Oxford University)
- Alanna O’Malley (Leiden University)
If you wish to participate, please send a short description of your project and CV in one page to Begum.Zorlu.email@example.com by 28 April 2023.
There is no need to sign up separately to attend this seminar if you are registered for the main conference.