This is a recurring event: View all events in the series “Summer Sounds”
97 Ensemble presents a vibrant programme of new music, poetry and improvisation, centred around the work of composers who are Iranian womxn, encompassing British-Iranian artists, and those living in Iran and internationally. The evening includes the premiere of Golfam Khayam's Among Streets, Windows and Times, specially commissioned as part of the Sonic Tehran Project.
Please note, this event is free to attend, but seats are limited, so please do sign up to attend, via the 'register now' button above.
- Nazli Tabatabai-Khatambakhsh, NINE MONTHS: The Divan of Tabatabai-Khatambakhsh
- Kimia Allahyari, Improvisation on the Tar
- Golfam Khayam, Among Streets, Windows and Times
- Lily Afshar, Gol - E Gandom, Leila Leila, Jaan - E - Maryam
- Niloufar Nourbakhsh, Because we are also what we have lost
- pantea, a čât in a basket
- Niloufar Nourbakhsh, Logic Run Wild
- Soosan Lolavar, Manic
- Shiva Feshareki, VENUS/ZOHREH
About 97 Ensemble
97 Ensemble are a group of musicians raising awareness to the statistic that 97% of women aged 18-24 experience sexual harassment in the UK. The ensemble was founded in 2022 and have gone on to perform at venues such as the Elgar Room and St James’s Piccadilly. In addition to their public concerts, they give performances at women and children’s refuges of the charity Solace Women’s Aid. They champion music by underrepresented composers, with a particular focus on women composers, and hope to make classical music more accessible and inclusive. 97 Ensemble is kindly supported by the Royal College of Music Accelerate Scheme and The Marchus Trust.
Attendance at City events is subject to our terms and conditions.