You are invited to attend a celebration of UNESCO World Day for Cultural Diversity for Dialogue and Development on Tuesday May 23rd.
This annual event is regularly marked by the Centre for Culture and the Creative Industries (CCCI) at City, University of London. Participants are invited to critically engage with the current position of cultural and creative practice in light of UNESCO’s 2005 Convention on the Protection and Promotion of the Diversity of Cultural Expressions.
For 2023, the event also brings together two new partnerships for CCCI. The first UNESCO Chair in Global Creative Economy was established within CCCI to promote debate and understanding of this field internationally. Creative Impact Research Centre Europe (CIRCE) is a transnational post-Brexit think tank, supported by the German Ministry for Media and Culture, within which CCCI hosts the London Cultural Diversity Laboratory, focusing on critical questions of creative diversity in periods of poly-crisis.
CCCI will be joined by speakers from CIRCE, the British Council, City’s Creatives in residence and others.
- Joseph Bell (City Creative in Residence), Musician
- Chloe Carterr (City Creative in Residence), Spoken Word Artist
- Darcy Dixon (City Creative in Residence), Multidisciplinary Creative
- Teresa Koloma Beck (CIRCE), Research Director
- Merje Laiapea (CIRCE), Artistic Programmer, Curator, Research Fellow
- Jennifer Lim (BEATS/Moongate Productions), Actress, Artistic Director
- Rehana Mughal (British Council), Director, Creative Economy
- Laura Yuile (Multidisciplinary artist)
Attendance at City events is subject to our terms and conditions.