We are inviting session and poster proposals for consideration for the 13th Learning at City Conference on the 29th and 30th June 2023.
Before you start…
Please read the guidance below and ensure you have prepared and have to hand all the required information. This will enable the reviewers to assess your proposal effectively.
Criteria for acceptance of proposals
Each proposal will be reviewed against the following criteria:
- Relevance to conference theme and sub-themes clearly stated
- Clarity and coherence of the proposal
- Evidence of relevance to others across the University and beyond
- Contribution to development, enhancement and scholarship related to the theme.
Completing the proposal form
First please ensure you have prepared the information below. We cannot provide copies of your session proposal once it has been submitted so please make your own.
Please ensure you complete all sections of the form before submitting.
1. The main contact for the proposal.
You will need to provide the full name, institution/organisation, internal department, position, email address and phone number and a short biography for the lead presenter (Max 250 words).
In order to ensure as many contributors to the conference as possible, you can only be named as lead contact on ONE proposal and as a co-presenter on ONE other. If you are involved in more than one submission we will try to accommodate this in the timings of the event - but this may not always be possible.
2. Co-presenters information.
If you are presenting with others you will need to provide the full name, institution/organisation, internal department, position, email address for all co-presenters.
3. Your proposal
For the purposes of anonymous review, we need you to download and complete the rest of your proposal as a Microsoft Word document. When complete, upload it into our submission system in Microsoft Word format.
When you follow the link to the form it will open a word document, you will need to download it and then complete and save it to your computer or device ready to attach to the submission form.
Session or poster title: Be creative and informative
Indicate the sub themes the proposal focuses on and give a rationale for your choice.
Proposal format: Which format will your proposal take?
- Workshops (60 minute session)
- Paper (30 minute lecture or talk)
- Poster (A0 size)
Proposal description: Describe your proposal and include how it relates to the conference theme or sub-themes. Provide evidence of its relevance to staff across the university and beyond and how it contributes to the development, enhancement or scholarship related to the theme.
Learning outcomes, activities and timings: Provide an indication of how your session will be structured including timings and what attendees will gain from the session (learning outcomes)
References: List the key texts mentioned in the proposal using the Harvard referencing system.
4. Uploading your completed proposal
Once you have completed the Microsoft word document you should save it for your own records and upload a copy via the link in the form.
What happens after you submit your proposal?
- You will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of submitting your proposal. If you do not receive this email, please contact email@example.com
- All proposals are peer-reviewed by LEaD fellows at City, University of London.
Feedback on proposals will be sent to applicants on or just after Thursday 24 April 2023.
- If your session is accepted, the information you provide on the form may be used for marketing purposes and will be published in the Conference programme on the City, University of London website. Once the programme has been finalised we will contact you again to confirm the time of your session.
For the Learning at City Conference 2023 all presenters and co-presenters are required to register as Conference delegates by 5 June 2023. Presenters and Co-presenters not registered by this date may have their session removed from the programme to allow delegates to choose an alternative.
LEaD reserves the right to edit information supplied in the proposal form. We may contact you to provide additional information.
Ready to submit?
I have read the guidance and prepared the required information and am now ready to submit a proposal for the Learning at City conference 2023.