You are warmly invited to join the SHPS ECR Network and to the launch event for this new network on 1st December. The event will be hybrid, and lunch will be provided. All ECRs currently working in SHPS are welcome. Please register to confirm your attendance.
What is the SHPS ECR network?
A new SHPS community to support, develop, motivate and celebrate all SHPS Early Career Researchers (ECRs). The network will provide ECR learning and development activities including (but not limited to):
- Training in grant application systems at City such as Worktribe and Research Manager
- Learning from key colleagues at City who support research, ethics and costing processes
- Information about available funding and key professional development resources
- Writing retreats
- Publication/application draft discussions and reviews
- Regular opportunities to celebrate successes and recognise challenges
Members will learn from, connect, guide and encourage one another as part of a recognised and supportive ECR community within the School of Health and Psychological Sciences at City, University of London.
What is an ECR?
The UKRI defines an Early Career Researcher as someone who is:
- within eight years of their PhD award (this is from the time of the PhD ‘viva’ oral test), or equivalent professional training
- within six years of their first academic appointment (the first full or part time paid employment contract that lists research or teaching as the primary function).
This event is in line with SHPS commitment to the Athena Swan Charter as well as the Research Strategy.
Attendance at City events is subject to our terms and conditions.