Join us to learn about and discuss our MA programmes available at City University of London, to meet the department, and to ask us any questions you might have.
N.B. this event is scheduled to take place online through the Zoom platform and all timings mentioned refer to UK time.
You’ll get to meet:
- Patrick Brindle – Programme Director of MAs in Publishing, International Publishing, Creative Writing and Publishing
- Jonathan Gibbs – Programme Director of MA in Creative Writing and MFA in Creative Writing
- Hetta Howes – Programme Director of MA in English
Our motto is 'English in the World'. The Department of Media, Culture and Creative Industries at City, University of London has an outward-looking focus on literature, creative writing and publishing from around the world, as well as an interest in London as a literary and cultural hub.
We see English as a constantly evolving academic discipline that plays an active role in the modern world, informing and changing attitudes, perceptions and behaviours. Publishing and Creative Writing at City similarly focus on these activities as fast-changing aspects of a global cultural sphere. Feel free to learn more about our unique English programmes at City.
How to sign up
You will need to register in advance for this event if you would like to attend by clicking the "register now" button above. Attendees will be required to have an existing Zoom account or create a free one (which can be done on registration). After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
This webinar is part of our MA Taster Series. Other sessions include:
- 9th March (17:00 - 18:00) - What Makes a Bestseller? (MA in Publishing)
- 16th March (18:00 - 19:00) - Killing Curiosity: Fairytales and Feminist Retellings (MA in English)
- 22nd March (18:00 - 19:00) - Normal Plotting: The Plot Structures of Sally Rooney’s Novels (MA in Creative Writing)
Attendance at City events is subject to our terms and conditions.