The Jean Monnet Chair in EU Law of City Law School, City, University of London organises a webinar on the relationship between the EU and China.
The starting point for the webinar will be the EU-China Comprehensive Agreement on Investment and the issues that will be discussed include: the legal dimension of the Agreement, the provisions on the labour standards, the negotiation of the Agreement in the broader political context of EU-Chinese relations, the implications for the EU-US relations, the implications for the EU as a global actor.
The speakers will include the following:
Chair: Professor Panos Koutrakos, Professor of EU Law and Jean Monnet Professor of EU Law.
- Maria Martin Prat, European Commission, Directorate General for Trade (Director, Services and Digital Trade, Investment and Intellectual Property)
- Christophe Bondy, Steptoe and Johnson (Partner)
- Professor Tonia Novitz, University of Bristol (Professor of Labour Law)
- David Rennie, The Economist (Beijing Bureau Chief and Chaguan columnist)
- Dr Janka Ortel, European Council on Foreign Relations (Director, Asia programme, Senior Policy Fellow)
This event has been funded by the Erasmus+ programme.
Attendance at City events is subject to our terms and conditions.