This is a recurring event: View all events in the series “Disability and Social Inclusion Seminars”
Event recordings and slides from our past seminar series in academic year 2017-18
Each year the School of Health Sciences at City, University of London, runs a series of events and seminars which provide a platform for academics, practitioners and service users. We discuss developments on best practice and help promote social inclusion for disabled people and others at risk of social exclusion, through research, teaching and consultancy.
Past seminars 2017/18
Reducing loneliness and social isolation for people with mental health problems
- Speaker: Dr Bryn Lloyd-Evans, Senior Lecturer and Senior Research Associate, Division of Psychiatry, Faculty of Brain Sciences, UCL
- June 21th 2018
- June 21th 2018 seminar slides
How organisations can provide more effective support for disabled people and those with health conditions to access and remain in work
- Speaker: Rachel Suff, Public Policy Adviser, Employment Relations, CIPD
- May 17th 2018
- May 17th 2018 seminar slides
UK: still a world leader in disability equality?
- Speaker: Tracey Lazard, CEO, London Inclusion
- February 15th 2018
- February 15th 2018 seminar slides
Technology and quality of life of older people
- Speaker: Dr Jacqueline Damant, Research Officer, Personal Social Services Research Unit, London School of Economics
- November 16th 2017
- November 16th 2017 seminar slides
Please contact Doria Pilling for any queries or more information: D.S.Pilling@city.ac.uk
Attendance at City events is subject to our terms and conditions.