This is a recurring event: View all events in the series “Disability and Social Inclusion Seminars”
Event recordings and slides from our past seminar series in academic year 2015-16
Each year the School of Health Sciences at City, University of London, runs a series of events and seminars which provide a platform for academics, practitioners and service users. We discuss developments on best practice and help promote social inclusion for disabled people and others at risk of social exclusion, through research, teaching and consultancy.
Past seminars 2015/16
Introduction to Nesta's work on People-powered Health: Social Action and Peer Support
- Johann Ejbye and Annette Holman, Nesta
- Thursday June 16th 2016
- June 16th 2016 seminar slides
Technology, older people and social inclusion
- Professor Martin Knapp, Professor of Social Policy and Director of the Personal Social Services Research Unit (PSSRU), London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE).
- Thursday May 12th 2016
- May 12th 2016 seminar slides
Will the Integration of Health and Social Care Solve the Problems of Provision of Long-Term Care?
- Richard Humphries, Assistant Director of Policy, King's Fund
- Thursday April 14th 2016
- April 14th 2016 seminar slides
Driving Change in the Delivery of Mental Health Services
- Paul Farmer, Chief Executive, Mind
- Thursday March 10th 2016
- March 10th 2016 seminar slides
Disabled People's Financial Histories: Uncovering The Disability Wealth-Penalty
- Dr Abigail McKnight, Senior Research Fellow, Centre for Analysis of Social Exclusion (CASE), London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
- Thursday February 11th 2016
- February 11th 2016 seminar slides
Looking at Illness In a Very Different Way”: Psychiatrists’ Views of Mental Health Recovery
- Dr Tom Shakespeare, Senior Lecturer, Norwich Medical School
- Friday January 22nd 2016
The Meaning of Arts Participation for People with Mental Health Problems and Long Term Illness
- Dr Frances Reynolds, Reader, Occupational Therapy, College of Health and Life Sciences, Brunel University
- Thursday December 10th 2015
- December 10th 2015 seminar slides
Technology and Empowerment for Disabled People
- Robin Christopherson, Head of Digital Inclusion, AbilityNet
- Thursday November 12th 2015
- Links to apps and video clips referred to in Robin Christopherson’s presentation can be found listed under the SoundCloud audio below.
Technological Applications In Aphasia Therapy
- Jane Marshall, Professor, Language and Communication Division, School of Health Sciences, City University London
- Thursday October 22nd 2015
- Find out more information and watch videos about City University’s EVA Park project, a multi-user virtual world that gives people with aphasia unique opportunities to practise their speech and establish social connections, that is discussed in this seminar presentation.
- October 22nd 2015 seminar slides
Please contact Doria Pilling for any queries or more information: D.S.Pilling@city.ac.uk
Attendance at City events is subject to our terms and conditions.