"Grid enabled access to rich media content"
Staff and funding
Principal investigator: Dr Andrea Zisman (Dept of Computing)
Co-Investigator: Dr Bill Karakostas, Prof George Spanoudakis (Dept. of Computing)
Research Assistant: Kasar Masood
Total funding: Euro 330,000 (City University) - Euro 2.4m (Total)
Funding source: EU (F6 STREP Project)
Grid technology has achieved significant advances in the past few years with a plethora of prestigious organisations contributing to middleware that opens the horizons for new exploitation opportunities. However, this potential exploitation has not yet been seen to materialise in emerging applications. The use of Grid technology is still confined mainly within scientific applications, developed by scientific organisations, being experts in Grid principles. The majority of IT application developing organisations is still afraid to delve into the use of Grid technologies, as these still sound new and remote to them.
GREDIA (FP6 34363 - Grid enabled access to rich media content) will address this problem with the provision of a Grid application development platform.
- City University London, UK
- Athens Technology Center, Greece
- Symbian Limited, UK
- Institute of Communication And Computer Systems
- Greece University of Malaga
- Spain Deutsche Welle
- Dias Publishing House LTD, Cyprus
- Banca Popolare di Sondrio, Italy
- Academic Computer Centre CYFRONET AGH, Poland
- Chinese Academy Of Sciences, China