Supplying to other libraries
We are happy to receive requests from other libraries in the UK and overseas, and will try to supply items where possible.*
Our standard loan period is 6 weeks, though this may vary depending on demand:
- During term-time, items considered essential for City students may be unavailable
- All loans are subject to recall, and we may ask for items to be restricted to library use only
- In most cases, items can be returned via standard post. For certain items, we may ask for items to be returned either recorded/special delivery.
We will attempt to fulfil all requests for articles where possible, although please be aware that for items from our e-journals collection this will be license permitting:
- Our current practice is to to send print copies of all requests via standard post
- Our supply of article requests will at all times comply with UK Copyright guidelines.
Requests for PhD theses should be made via the British Library's EThOS service.
Recent theses by City, University of London students should be available via our open access repository City Research Online.
- We do not supply PhD theses via ILL.
Making a request
Requests can be made to the Inter-Library Loans team via email or telephone (see contact details above):
- For UK institutions, please remember to include your BL account code and a reference number for the request
- For international institutions, we can accept payment via IFLA vouchers and debit/credit card.
|International||2 IFLA||1 IFLA|
* We do reserve the right not to supply items, for example if we believe the request to be for commercial use.