IP Law research seminars
All seminars are convened by Dr Enrico Bonadio and Dr Luke McDonagh.
|Date||Speaker and title|
|Tuesday, 27th November 2018||Professor Uma Suthersanen, Queen Mary University of London|
- Excluding Designs (and Shape Marks) - Where is the CJEU going?
|Thursday, 7th June 2018|| Professor Sam Ricketson, University of Melbourne|
- The International Framework for the Protection of Authors: Bendable Boundaries and Immovable Obstacles
|Friday, 6th April 2018|| Professor Guido Westkamp, Queen Mary University London|
- Exceptions, Institutional Uses and the Construction of Copyright Normsw
|Tuesday, 20th March 2018|| Professor Maurizio Borghi, Bournemouth University|
- Derivative Works in Copyright and Improvement Inventions in Patent Law
|Wednesday, 14th February 2018|
Panel with Mr Christopher Rennie Smith (former member of EPO Boards of Appeal), Dr Enrico Bonadio (City, University of London), Dr Luke McDonagh (City, University of London)
|Wednesday, 7th February 2018||Professor Tuomas Mylly’s, University of Turku (Finland)|
-Fundamental Rights and Copyright Law in the EU
|Wednesday, 22nd November 2017|| Dr. Dev Gangjee, Oxford University|
- Publicity Rights and the Law - How do Celebrities protect their image?
|Wednesday, 11th October 2017|| Professor Fiona MacMillan, Birkbeck, University of London|
- Intellectual and Cultural Property: Between Market and Community?
|Monday, 12th June 2017|| Professor Irene Calboli, Singapore Management University|
- Are Non-Traditional Trademarks Aesthetically Functional?
|Wednesday, 1st March 2017|| Professor Dinusha Mendis, Bournemouth University|
- Going for Gold': 3D Scanning, 3D Printing and Mass Customisation and the Future of Intellectual Property Law
|Wednesday, 8th February 2017|| Dr Luke McDonagh, City, University of London|
-Analysing the Impact of Brexit on Patent Law and UK-EU relations – what future for the Unified Patent Court?
|Friday, 3rd February 2017|| Professor Lilian Edwards, University of Strathclyde|
-The Rise of Web Blocking Orders in the UK: Empirical Evidence Perspectives
|6th September 2016|| Dr Amanda Scardamaglia, Swinburne University|
- In her image: transplanting trade mark law through the empire
|3rd February 2016|| Professor Peter Mezei, University of Szeged (Hungary)|
- Enter the Matrix: the Effects of the CJEU’s Case Law on Linking and Beyond
|2nd December 2015|| Dr Gaetano Dimita, Queen Mary University of London|
- Video games and IP: The intricate relationship between Interactivity and Creativity
|7th October 2015|| Dr Marc Mimler, Bournemouth University|
- Much ado about nothing? - Is IP law ready for the 3D printing "revolution",
|9th September 2015|| Professor Dan Hunter, Foundation Dean, Swinburne Law School, Australia|
- The Lego Brick and the International Intellectual Property System, 1955-2015
|6th May 2015|| Professor Jonathan Griffiths, Queen Mary University of London|
- Parody and copyright in European Union copyright law
|1st April 2015|| Professor Stavroula Karapapa, University of Reading|
- The concept of 'public' in copyright law
|3rd December 2014|| Dr Nicola Lucchi, Jönköping International Business School|
- New media between copyright protection and the access to network conundrum
|7th May 2014|| Dr Benjamin Ferrand, University of Strathclyde|
- Networks of power in digital copyright law and policy: political salience, expertise and the legislative process
|2nd April 2014|| Dr Maria Mercedes Frabboni, University of Sussex|
- Hot off the press: the collective management directive
|5th March 2014|| Professor Tanya Aplin, King's College London|
- The shifting landscape of Article 8