1. Undergraduate
  2. Postgraduate Law
  3. Professional
  4. Continuing Professional Development
  5. LLB in Legal Practice (Online)
  6. Applicant Information
  7. Online chat sessions
  1. LLB


LLB (Hons) Applicant Page


Thank you for applying to undertake your LLB at The City Law School. Our applicant page will provide all the information you need to know about your LLB application. We'll keep you updated with all the latest news from the School; key dates and deadlines; and what happens next with your application.

Our LLB (Hons) gives you a strong foundation in legal knowledge and skills to enable you to go on to a successful career in law. The course is a qualifying law degree, which means upon graduation if you want to be a solicitor you can go on to take the Legal Practice Course (LPC), or if you want to be a barrister, the Bar Professional Training Course (BPTC). If law isn't the career for you, our LLB (Hons) gives you a range of transferable skills that are also valuable for a wide range of professions.

Your application - what happens next?

Your application will be carefully considered by our Admissions Team. If you met the 15 January application deadline you should expect to hear from us by 31 March.

I've been offered a place, what do I need to do next?

If you've received all decisions by 31 March you need to reply (though UCAS) by 4 May otherwise UCAS will decline your offer on your behalf.

Want more information before accepting your place?

If you would like to speak to someone about the course, you can call +44 (0)20 7040 3309 or email


If you are moving to London to study and need a place to live, the University's Student Centre provides advice about the University's Halls of Residence and privately rented accommodation. More information can be found by visiting our Accommodation page.

Student Visas

The latest university guidance relating to student visas can be found on our website through the link below:

Applying for Tier 4 Student (General) visa outside the UK to study at City University

Students who require a visa to study in the UK are advised to read this guide carefully as it sets out the steps you need to take to apply for a visa.

Frequently asked questions

When are my fees due and can I spread the payments out?

New students following the normal academic year (i.e. registration in September) must pay the first instalment of their annual tuition fee (currently half the annual fee) in order to complete their online registration and start the course. As part of the online registration, you will also be required to provide us with financial details for us to collect the second instalment on the last working day of January.

For further information on paying fees, please check the finance section of our website.

Who should I contact if I change my address before the course begins?

If you change your postal or email address before September, please email our Admissions Office with your new contact details as soon as possible.

What do I need to do before I start the course?

There are no pre-course reading materials required; you will be given all relevant textbooks and all relevant information during your induction week. You will need to complete your online registration and pay the first instalment of your tuition fees, which you will be invited to do by email a few weeks before the start of term.

When does the course start?

Monday 19 September 2016

Will I be in lessons from this date?

Yes, law students have academic lessons during Induction week so it's very important that you attend so you are orientated properly.

How will my timetable look?

You must be prepared to be taught from 9am to 6pm - Monday to Friday. Timetables are scheduled with the aim to give students one day free from timetabled classes for uninterrupted work in the library or at home.

What do I do if I can't take up my place?

You need to formally reject your course offer through UCAS. You should also email the Admissions Office so we can offer your place to another applicant as soon as possible.

I need a Visa to study - what do I do?

All students who require a visa to study in the UK are strongly advised to read through the comprehensive guide for applying for visas.

Once your offer is Unconditional (i.e. you have fulfilled the conditions set out in your offer letter) the University will be able to provide you with a supporting letter for your visa application upon your request.