Common Purpose Global Leader Experience Abroad: Vietnam 2018
Develop your intercultural and leadership skills through an intensive 4-day development programme, led by Common Purpose, in partnership with City and RMIT Vietnam.
The Experience: 9th - 16th June, 2018
Develop your intercultural and leadership skills through an intensive 4-day development programme in Hanoi, led by Common Purpose, in partnership with City, University of London and RMIT Vietnam. You will work alongside 100 students from Vietnam, Cambodia, Hong Kong, China, Singapore, and Indonesia to find a ‘solution’ to the global challenge: "How do smart cities ensure they are inclusive?" You will meet with local employers to gain an 'on the ground' understanding of the problems, needs of the region, and guidance on solutions. This will be an incredibly busy but exciting and rewarding week, which will provide you with significant employability and ‘soft’ skills.
This programme will take place at the RMIT Vietnam campus in Hanoi. For a look into the campus, university, and surrounding areas, click on the links below:
City will cover the following costs of this trip:
- Round-trip Flights
- Food - (You will be provided with a contribution towards your food and local transport)
- Visa (if required)
You are responsible for the following costs:
- Any souvenirs/personal items you wish to purchase
- Transport to/from your home and the airport in London
- Vaccinations (please speak with your personal GP to find out what you may need)
*More information on accommodation will follow in March/April, but you will likely be sharing a room with another student from City (there will be no mixed-gender rooms).
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be a current undergraduate City student, studying in any school within the University
Whilst applications are open to all students, priority will be given to students that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- 1st or 2nd year students
- Care Leavers; Young Adult Carers; Estranged Students
- First in family to attend university
- Students who have not previously participated in a semester or year-long Exchange Programme organised through City
If selected for this trip, you will be required to:
- Attend a minimum of 3 mandatory meetings prior to departure
- Complete a Pre-Departure Survey, Daily Reflections whilst in Vietnam, and a Post-Trip Survey
- Provide a video, photographic or written 'report' after the experience (guidance will be provided)
- Attend a Focus Group session in September/October 2018
- Complete a Final Survey one-year after the experience, in June 2019.
Application Process & Deadline
- Complete online application form, via the 'Apply Now' button below* Deadline: 4th February at 23:00
- Application decisions will be communicated on: 9th February
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview week commencing:12th February
- Final decisions communicated: 19th February
**All applications will be reviewed once the deadline has passed, however there are a limited number of applications available, so it is advisable to complete your application form as soon as you can.
***Please note that you will receive an email confirmation once you have correctly submitted your application. If you do not receive this email, you have not properly submitted the application.
*If you feel that you are not able to complete a typed application form, please contact us by email to discuss an alternative method.