Our flexible postgraduate Masters courses allow students to further develop clinical skills in specialist practice areas or to develop in-depth knowledge in areas relating to clinical practice, health policy, health management, health research, and leadership.
Our Advanced Practice in Health and Social Care Masters programmes include routes in:
- MSc Advanced Practice in Health and Social Care
- MSc Adult Mental Health
- MSc Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- MSc Advanced Practice Midwifery
- MSc Advanced Nurse Practitioner - Adult; Child
- MSc Advanced Practice Nursing
- MSc Ophthalmic Nursing
- MSc Advanced Ophthalmic Nurse Practitioner
- MSc Advanced Practice Clinical Optometry
- MSc Speech, Language and Communication
As well as Master’s courses in:
- MSc Clinical Optometry
- MRes Clinical Research
- MSc Health Management
- MSc Health Policy
- MSc Health Services Research
- MSc Speech, Language and Communication Needs in Schools: Advanced Practice
- MSc Medical Ultrasound
- Master of Public Health (MPH)
- MSc Radiography (Computed Tomography)
- MSc Radiography (Medical Magnetic Resonance)
- MSc Health Psychology / Psychology and Health
- The School of Health also offers a Professional Doctorate in Health Psychology, the final stage in becoming a Chartered Health Psychologists.
Our graduate-entry courses allow graduates from other disciplines to gain a pre-registration health qualification in approximately two years as opposed to the usual three or four - providing a fast-track route into health professions.
These courses are also designed for health professionals who wish to gain a second registration in midwifery, health visiting, school and district nursing.
- Postgraduate Diploma Midwifery (90 week shortened programme) - for qualified, NMC registered adult nurses
- Postgraduate Diploma Nursing / Adult
- Postgraduate Diploma Nursing / Child
- Postgraduate Diploma Nursing / Mental Health
- Postgraduate Diploma Public Health (School Nursing, Health Visiting and District Nursing) – for qualified, NMC registered nurses and midwives
- MSc Adult and Mental Health Nursing (pre-registration)
- MSc Speech and Language Therapy
Top-up-courses and post-registration
Our range of post-registration courses for health and social care professionals allow practitioners to "top-up" their existing qualification to degree level or gain a second specialisation. For overseas nurses, courses provide a route to qualification for practice in the UK.
The School of Health Sciences is committed to developing the future research, practice and policy leaders for the healthcare sector. With world class researchers and experienced practitioners leading our courses, students graduate with a high level of skill in research methods and in the implementation of evidence-based care. Find out more.