Where is the ceremony?
- The ceremony will take place at Senate House, University of London, Malet Street, London, WC1E 7HU.
What time is the ceremony?
- 13:45 – 14:30: Registration and refreshments
- 14:30 – 15:45: Award Ceremony
- 15:45 – 17:00: Food and Drinks Reception
How long is the ceremony?
- The ceremony will last approximately 75 minutes.
What should I do if for religious or personal reasons I am not able to shake hands during the ceremony?
- When you go up on stage to receive your award, please hold the ceremony booklet in your right hand. Ceremony booklets will be available at the registration desk on the day.
Will the ceremony be live streamed?
- No, the ceremony will not be live streamed. You are welcome to record the event on your electronic devices, but please ensure you do not obstruct the view of other guests.
What should I wear?
- There is no formal dress code. Award winners and guests are advised to dress in smart-casual attire. A photographer will be on hand to take images on the day.
How do I get to Senate House?
- Senate House is in Bloomsbury, central London. A short walk from London Underground and National Rail stations.
Closest Bus Stops
- Tottenham Court Road or Russell Square (Numbers 7, 24, 29, 68, X68, 73, 91, 134, 168 and 188).
Closest Underground Stations
- Russel Square
- Goodge Street
- Tottenham Court Road
- Euston Square
Closest Railway stations
- King’s Cross
Will this event be ticketed?
- No, this event will not be ticketed. You will be asked to complete a brief online registration form to reserves spaces for you and your guests.
Do I have to pay for guest tickets?
- No, guests can attend for free. Please note this is not a ticketed event, but you will need to complete the RSVP to reserve spaces.
How many guests can I bring?
- You can bring up to 2 guests to the ceremony. If you would like to bring along more, please email the awards coordinator Heidi Rogers to check availability.
I would like to bring additional guests, is that possible?
- The external venue has limited seating available. There will be an opportunity to increase your number of guests if there is surplus space, only subject to availability and restricted to student and practice excellence winners only.
I/my guest are no longer able to attend, what should I do?
- If you or your guest are unable to attend the ceremony please email the awards coordinator Heidi Rogers
- Senate House premises and facilities are accessible to disabled persons, including wheelchair users.
- If you have any requirements or access needs you would like us to be aware of, please let us know when your RSVP to the event, or alternatively email the awards coordinator, Heidi Rogers
Will there be refreshments?
- There will be a variety of refreshments and food available after the ceremony
I/my guest have special dietary requirements
- Vegetarian/ vegan / Halal / gluten free food will be available at the post-awards reception. You will be asked for your dietary requirements when you RSVP to the event.
- If you have any additional dietary requests or queries please email the awards coordinator Heidi Rogers by Monday 2 March 2020.
Will there be a photographer?
- Yes, a professional photographer will be available on the day to take pictures of the award winners collecting their prize. The photographer will capture informal pre and post images of you and your guest.
Can I have a copy of the photographs taken on the day?
- Photographs taken at the ceremony will be made available to download free of charge following the ceremony. Details of how you can download the images will be sent to you via email within a week of the ceremony.
How much will the images cost?
- Images will be available at no cost to award winners and guests. Details of how you can download the images will be sent to you via email within a week of the ceremony.
Can babies, children and young adults under 18 attend?
- The awards ceremony is a time for celebration of your achievements. If you wish to bring children or young adults under 18 please email Heidi Rogers before Monday 2 March 2020. Prize winners that bring guests under 18 will take full responsibility for the safety and actions of the minor in their care whilst at Senate House.
- It is not recommended that any babies or very young children attend the ceremony. The ceremony will include moments of loud noise.
When will I receive my certificate
- You will receive your certificate as part of ceremony proceedings.
- For prize winners that are unable to attend the ceremony, certificates will be posted out by recorded delivery to your permanent address after the ceremony.
- If you would like to collect your certificate or nominate a friend to collect on your behalf, please email Heidi Rogers
- If you are unable to attend please email Heidi Rogers to arrange delivery of your certificate and prize to your home address.
Where can I park
- As the awards ceremony will be held in a city centre location, parking in and around Senate House is restricted. Guests may use the car park for dropping off/collections only, on a first come first served basis.
- Hotel and accommodation (or reimbursement of costs) is not provided by City, University of London.
- Please do not make travel or accommodation arrangements for yourself or others unless tickets have been confirmed by the awards team Heidi Rogers
- If you require overnight accommodation please do so. City is unable to make recommendations regarding accommodation
I have a query or problem not answered here.
For any other queries, please contact the awards co-ordinator Heidi Rogers
By booking to attend an Award Ceremony you, the award winner/guest, acknowledges that you have read, understood and agreed to the terms and conditions set out below.
1. Inclusion of Student, Sponsor and Practice Provider Names and Images
By booking to attend an Award Ceremony or accepting a guest ticket students and guests are agreeing to the following:
a. Roving photography throughout the ceremony venue which may be used for marketing purposes and shared on social media
b. Photographs of winners captured as they cross the stage during the ceremony, available after the ceremony to view online and download for free
c. Award winner names and awards displayed in the event programme
d. Award winners names announced on stage during the ceremony
2. Bookings and Attendance
Award winners/ guests who are sent an invitation to the Award Ceremony are subject to the following conditions:
a. Must have received an email invitation directing them to book
b. Booked via the online form and received a confirmation of booking email before 12 March 2020
a. This event is free for all award winners and invited guests. No refunds/expenses will be provided for travel to from the venue or for accommodation.
4. Behaviour and Dress Code
a. City, University of London does not tolerate abusive, violent or disrespectful behaviour towards its staff. Neither will the University tolerate this behaviour towards our award winners, invited guests or members of the public
b. Event staff reserve the right to remove any winner of guest in line with 4.a, or as a result of late arrival to the ceremony.
c. Winners or guests who display disruptive or inappropriate behaviour during the Ceremony will be asked to leave the venue
d. Any winners/guests wearing clothing which displays offensive or derogatory slogans or writing will be refused entry to the venue on the day
e. The Ceremony is a formal occasion and winners and guests are requested to dress accordingly
a. It is not recommended that any children or young adults under the age of 18 attend the ceremony.
b. If minors attend the ceremony guests must notify the event team at least three weeks’ prior to the event date, and are guest will be responsible for the safety and wellbeing of the minors.
6. Changes to the Terms & Conditions
a. City, University of London reserves the right to add to or amend these terms and conditions
b. Where a change is required after booking has opened for the awards ceremony City will undertake to notify all winners and invited guests affected
In the event that any or all of the award ceremony has to be cancelled, rescheduled or postponed due to circumstances beyond the control of the City, University of London, we cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred by the said cancellations, rescheduling or postponement.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the terms and conditions please contact the Event coordinator at Heidi.email@example.com