Awards and bursaries
MIUA 2014 will follow the tradition of awarding a series of bursaries for research students. The bursaries are available to encourage student participation, particularly to those who have not attended MIUA before, and will be sponsored by the British Machine Vision Association (BMVA). Each bursary will cover the early bird registration fee only. To apply, students need to fill in an application form which will have to be submitted by email to email@example.com immediately after the manuscript submission. Early application is encouraged.
In the event that more applications are received than bursaries available, the following criteria to allocate the bursaries will be applied:
- There will be a limit of one bursary per university
- Research students who are attending MIUA for the first time will be given priority
- Manuscripts that receive good reviews will be given priority.
Taking into account the above, the bursaries will be awarded on a first come first served basis.
The Bursaries were awarded to:
Thomas Janssens (Katholieke Universiteit Leuven)
Ana Namburete (University of Oxford)
Claire Cury (CRICM Paris)
Fabian Schenk (Graz University of Technology)
Damilola Okuboyejo (Tshwane University of Technology)
Saad Al-Baddai (University of Regensburg)
The following awards will be allocated:
- Best Oral Presentation Award
Claire Cury, CRICM Paris
Fast Template-based Shape Analysis using Diffeomorphic Iterative Centroid
- Best Poster Award
Ting Yue Yu, University of Birmingham
- Best Paper Award
Nicolas Jaccard, University College London
Trainable Segmentation of Phase Contrast Microscopy Images Based on Local Basic Image Features Histograms
- Best cancer-related paper
Analysing the Surface Morphology of Colorectal Polyps: Differential Geometry and Pit Pattern Prediction
This award was sponsored by the British Association for Cancer Research.
These prizes have been sponsored by:
- School of Mathematics, Computer Science and Engineering, City, University of London
- British Machine Vision Association (BMVA)
- John Wiley & Sons, UK
- British Association for Cancer Research.