This event will take place virtually via Zoom. Please note all attendees will need a Zoom account to access the webinar. A free account can be set up when registering for the event.
Admission Price: This event is free to attend. Please register to book your place.
A joint webinar of the Jean Monnet Chair in EU Law, City, University of London and the Senior European Experts Group.
What are the main features of the EU-UK Trade and Cooperation Agreement? (https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=CELEX:22020A1231(01)&from=EN) How will it work in practice? What are its political and legal implications? How will it affect policies that have attracted considerable attention during the negotiations? Will further agreements be needed?
To discuss these critical issues we have assembled an experienced panel chaired by Professor Sir Alan Dashwood QC, a former Director in the EU Council Secretariat:
* David Hannay, Lord Hannay of Chiswick CH, on the political overview;
* Panos Koutrakos, Professor of EU Law and Jean Monnet Chair in EU Law, City, University of London, on the legal aspects;
* Anne Lambert, former UK Deputy Permanent Representative to the EU, current non-executive director of UK Civil Aviation Authority, on the Single Market and regulation;
* Andy Lebrecht, former UK Deputy Permanent Representative to the EU and UK fisheries counsellor in Brussels, on fisheries;
* Jackie Minor, formerly the Head of the European Commission Representation in the UK and former Director in the Commission, on the view from Brussels and the 27.
Join us for a stimulating debate on Britain’s future relationship with the EU.