Admission Price: Free to attend; please reserve a place, since capacity is limited.
Sarah Saviet plays six works that in turn explore the risk, excitement, loneliness, quirks, compulsions, and demands of solo playing.
- Arne Gieshoff, Spun (2017)
- Chikako Morishita, new work (2018-19)
- Lawrence Dunn, Habitual (2017)
- Jack Sheen, Television Continuity Poses (2016/18)
- Elena Mendoza, Die Macht der Gewohnheit (2014)
- Liza Lim, The Su Song Star Map (2017)
Sarah Saviet is an American violinist who lives in Germany. She is a member of the Riot Ensemble (London) and is director of the concert series Sequence in Berlin. She performs frequently with Ensemble Modern, Ensemble Musikfabrik, hand werk, MAM, and others.
Sarah appears regularly at festivals including Acht Brücken, Donaueschinger Musiktage, HCMF, Gaudeamus Muziekweek, and Ultraschall Berlin. She was recently a resident artist in the composition department of the University of the Arts Berlin, a visiting artist at Harvard University with ELISION ensemble, and has held artist residencies at Aldeburgh Music with composers Lawrence Dunn and Jack Sheen and artist Rowland Hill