Admission Price: Free to attend but places must be booked in advance
Join us for this Panel Discussion where a delegation from the Hong Kong Higher Institutions International Affairs delegation will discuss Higher Education, Academic Freedom and Hong Kong Protests.
Students have been at the forefront of a decentralised leaderless protest movement that started in opposition to a controversial extradition bill more than six months ago, and campuses have found themselves besieged. The panel will discuss the impact of the protests on Hong Kong’s academic institutions.
The panel will also hear updates on the situation in Hong Kong from two newly elected district councillors.
- Tung Wing MAK, HKU Alumni Concern Group
- Eric Yan Ho LAI, Representative of CUHK Alumni Defend Institutional Autonomy Concern Group
- Roy Hau Hin LI, Representative (HK Polytechnic University SU) of HKIAD
- Jacky Tsun Fung SO, Representative (HK Chinese University SU) of HKIAD
- Yanny Wing Yan CHAN, Representative (HK Lingnan University SU) of HKIAD
- Ben Siu Pan LAM, Elected district councillor in Mongkok East
- Suzanne Sui Shan WU, Elected district councillor in Yaumatei South
- Yuen Chan, Senior Lecturer in Journalism, City, University of London
Share this event
When and where
6.00pm - 8.00pmMonday 16th December 2019