Admission Price: Free to attend please RSVP via the Sign Up button
Please join us at the launch of our newly founded Centre of Excellence in Mindfulness Research (CEMR) at City, University of London (UoL).
The event will enable you to:
- Learn from mindfulness scientists and expert practitioners who are influencing the next generation of mindfulness research and policy;
- Connect with others in a Mindful Marketplace, discussing mindfulness ideas you are interested in; and
- Step into a beautiful and innovative meditation pod on generous loan from inherestudio.com.
- 6pm Arrival
- 6:30pm – 7:30pm Insight generation (presenters and topics below)
- 7:30pm – 8:30pm Mindful Marketplace: Connecting around different mindfulness topics
Confirmed speakers and presentations:
- Professor Sir Paul Curran, President, City, UoL: Welcome address
- Jamie Bristow, Director of The Mindfulness Initiative: The role of evidence-building in mindfulness training to meet societal challenges and opportunities
- Michael Chaskalson, founder/CEO of Mindfulness Works: Running too far ahead? Culture and context in mindfulness interventions
- Dr Jutta Tobias Mortlock, Senior Lecturer, City, UoL: Mindfulness and culture change
- Dr Paul Flaxman, Reader, City, UoL: A values-based training program for improving employees’ mental health
- Dr Katy Tapper, Reader, City, UoL: Brief mindfulness interventions to address societal and health inequalities
- Dr Trudi Edginton, Senior Lecturer, City, UoL: Integrating mindfulness and compassion into the workplace of front line services
You will also have the chance to step into an innovative meditation pod from inherestudio.com during the evening.
CEMR aims to bring together interdisciplinary mindfulness expertise from stakeholders across the globe, in order to inform new insights in mindfulness debate, policy and practice.
Please follow us on Twitter @MindfulnessCity!