We are pleased to announce that Poster and Oral presentation submissions are now open for Autistica’s Autism Research Conference 2018 in partnership with City, University of London.
Further details and registration will be available from May 2018.
Call for abstracts
This year we are looking for abstract submissions focusing on the following areas:
- Mental health
- Physical health
- Language and communication
- Learning difficulties
- Social care
Abstracts will be considered for one of three presentation formats.
- 5-minute ‘Quick-Fire’ oral presentations (no more than 5 slides).
- 20-minute oral presentations.
- Poster presentations.
Quick-Fire presentations are intended for summaries of smaller-scale or ongoing studies that inform one of the thematic areas, whilst 20-minute oral presentations are expected to be wider in scope. If you would like to be considered exclusively for a Poster format and not one of the oral presentation formats, please indicate this when you submit your abstract.
How to submit:
Please use our online abstract submission form
- One of the key priorities of Autistica is to facilitate and support the development of early career researchers. The presenting author of submitted abstracts must therefore be either a student currently studying for a postgraduate qualification or an early-career researcher within 8 years of their PhD (or equivalent) award.
- Authors must have registered to Discover to submit their abstract.
- Abstracts must focus on the key thematic areas listed above. Abstracts that do not fit within any of these areas will not be accepted.
- The autism research conference will bring together autism researchers, autistic people and other professionals. All abstracts must therefore be written in plane language that will be accessible to a broad audience.
- Abstracts must be 400 words or less and include the following subheadings: Background, Methods, Results, Implications. The methods section must be explicit about sample sizes. In the case of ongoing studies, both the intended sample size must be specified as well as the number of participants tested at the time of writing.
- Graphics (tables/figures) are optional and will not be published in the conference programme. They do not count toward the 400 word limit. A maximum of two graphics are allowed (2 tables, 2 figures, or one of each). These can be submitted as attachments in the online form.
If you have any questions regarding the abstract submission, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Submission fees: there are no fees to submit an abstract. If successful you will be required to register to attend the conference. Conference registration opens on the 1st May.
Poster and Oral Presentation Submission Deadline: April, 30th
Poster and Oral Presentation Notification: May, 28thth
Conference Registration Early Bird: May, 28th – June 15th
Conference Registration Standard June 16th – July 31st
Abstract review process:
Abstracts will be reviewed by our Abstract Review Panel once submission closes on Monday the 30th of April. The panel will review abstracts according to their relevance to the key thematic areas, the methodological rigour of the work, and the impact and value of the research to our delegates and the autism community.
Autistica will notify the submitting author by email whether their abstract has been accepted for an Oral or Poster presentation by Monday, the 14th of May. Please ensure that you provide the correct e-mail address when you complete the abstract submission form. Full presentation guidelines will be sent to all authors of accepted abstracts in the acceptance email. Feedback will not be provided on unsuccessful abstracts.
Early bird / standard registration
£30 / £50: researchers and professionals
£20 / £40: early career researchers
£15 / £20: autistic people and family members
Early bird registration will open on 28th May 2018.