Admission Price: Full price £25. Free for those engaged in recent UCU industrial action.
Location: Room D104, Rhind Building (entrance on St John Street)
In support of UCU strike action in protest at USS pension changes, the Social Policy Association , the Development Studies Association, the British Sociological Association’s Work, Employment and Economic Life study group are jointly organising a one-day pensions symposium.
The symposium will demonstrate support for members of the SPA, DSA and BSA in the UCU trying to protect their pension entitlements and ensure that careers in our disciplines continue to be valued. As well as bringing people together, the symposium will examine some of the proposed changes and also the nature of responses within universities. The symposium will also be an opportunity to recognise and discuss the context of these changes.
Chairing the event will be Professor Nick Ellison, University of York
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dr Jo Grady, University of Sheffield, Management School
- Tim Pike, Pensions Policy Institute
- John Murray, TGP Advisers
- Dr Paul Bridgen, University of Southampton
- Professor Dennis Leech, University of Warwick and LSE
- Professor Michael Otsuka, LSE
- Professor Felicity Callard, Birkbeck
- Professor Traute Meyer, University of Southampton
- Dr Rachel Cohen, City, University of London.
The cost for the day, including lunch, is £25. For those engaged in recent UCU industrial action, the event will be free. Places are limited, so please book early via the Sign Up link.
This symposium is organised in conjunction with the Department of Sociology.
Share this event
When & where
10.00am - 3.00pmThursday 3rd May 2018