Admission Price: Free to attend; please reserve a place.
Ian Pace performs a typically vivid and ambitious programme of 20th and 21st century music, framed by early and late works by Elliott Carter, a towering figure in American music, alongside the beautiful but less well known music of Betsy Jolas..
The programme also includes Pace's own auseinandergerissene Hälften, a labyrinthine lecture-recital reflecting the composer-pianist-musicologist's 'torn' affinities.
- Elliott Carter, Piano Sonata (1945-46)
- Betsy Jolas, B for Sonata (1973, UK Premiere)
- Samuel Andreyev, Piano Pieces I-IV (2011-16, World Premiere)
- Sadie Harrison, gentle (2017)
- Mic Spencer, A Maze I(a)n (S)pace (Space [G]race) (2017)
- Dieter Schnebel, 'Trauermarsch' from Bagatellen (1986)
- Ian Pace, auseinandergerissene Hälften (2018, World Premiere)
- Kaija Saariaho, Prelude (2007)
- Camden Reeves, Notturno dalle fiamme dell’inferno (2005)
- Luboš Mrkvička, For Piano G and L
- Betsy Jolas, Calling E.C. (1982, UK Premiere)
- Elliott Carter, Two Diversions (1999)
- Elliott Carter, Retrouvailles (2000)
- Elliott Carter, Caténaires (2006)
Share this event
When & where
6.30pm - 8.30pmFriday 25th May 2018