Admission Price: Free to attend; please reserve a place
The City Pierrot Ensemble's second concert of the 2017-18 concert series at City focusses on the late works of Claude Debussy. The programme includes two pieces from the cycle of six sonatas left unfinished at the end of the composer's life: the masterful Sonata for cello and piano; and the Sonata for violin and piano, his last completed work.
- Claude Debussy, Première Rapsodie for clarinet and piano (1909-10)
- Claude Debussy, from Preludes Book 2 (1912-13):
- IV. … Les fees sont d’exquises danseuses
- VII. …La terrasse des audiences du clair de lune
- IX. … Hommage à S. Pickwick Esq. P.P.M.P.C.
- Claude Debussy, Berceuse héroïque (1914)
- Claude Debussy, from Études (1915):
- VIII. Pour les agréments
- IX. Pour les notes répétées
- XI. Pour les arpèges composes
- Claude Debussy, Sonata for cello and piano (1915)
- Claude Debussy, Sonata for violin and piano (1916-17)
City Pierrot Ensemble
- David Campbell (clarinet)
- Madeleine Mitchell (violin)
- Alison Moncrieff-Kelly (cello)
- Ian Pace (piano)
Share this event
When and where
7.00pm - 8.00pmMonday 4th June 2018
Your call to City University's form service returned an unexpected HTTP status of:404
Please contact our web team and we'll do our best to help you ASAP.