This event has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances and will be re-scheduled for later in the year. Apologies for the inconvenience.
Admission Price: Free to attend; please book a place
David Campbell (clarinet)
Madeleine Mitchell (violin)
Alison Moncrieff-Kelly (cello)
Ian Pace (piano)
- Claude Debussy, Première Rapsodie for clarinet and piano (1909-10)
- Claude Debussy, Berceuse héroïque (1914)
- Claude Debussy, from Études (1915): XIII. Pour les agréments; IX. Pour les notes répétées
- Claude Debussy, Sonata for cello and piano (1915)
- Claude Debussy, Sonata for violin and piano (1916-17)
The City Pierrot Ensemble's second lunchtime concert of the 2017-18 concert series at City focusses on the late works of Claude Debussy. The programme includes two pieces from the cycle of six sonatas left unfinished at the end of the composer's life: the masterful Sonata for cello and piano; and the Sonata for violin and piano, his last completed work.