Speaker: Dr. Louis Marinos
Series: CeNACS Seminar
Abstract: The results of the annual ENISA Cyberthreat Assessment will be presented. The presented information consists of developments and highlights within top level cyberthreats that have been assessed during 2017. In addition, information about activities of threat agents will be provided. The presentation will be concluded by discussing activities and open issues to be covered in order to enhance the levels of defence in cyberspace. The presentation will take place just few days after the publication of the related ENISA report (planned to be published on 15th January 2018).
Bio: Dr. Louis Marinos: Is senior expert at ENISA in the area of Risk and Threat Management with extensive experience in the implementation, management and operation of information security.
Currently, he is responsible for Projects in the area of Emerging Threat Landscape with focus on the assessment and analysis of cyberthreats. He is the author and main responsible of the ENISA Threat Landscape; he manages an international stakeholder group.
His expertise is on:
* Threat Analysis, Risk analysis, Risk Management and Business Continuity Planning, including SMEs, Member States and
Critical Information Infrastructure Protection.
* Assessment and management of Emerging and Future Risks, Threats and trends hereof.
* Integration of Risk Management with operational and governance processes.
* Strategic consulting in the area of security for major firms in the financial, telecommunication and commercial sectors.
* Security management with regard to critical business areas, such as financial institutions, B2B and telecommunications.
* Specification and implementation of security mechanisms.
* Society issues of information security.
* Systems security with focus on Internet security, security in large networks for telecommunication, security in banking
applications and operating systems.
* Security standards and good practices, such as Risk Management, Continuity Management, Common Criteria.
* Experience in organization of international events and coordination of expert groups.
Share this event
When & where
12.00pm - 2.00pmTuesday 3rd April 2018